WIndows 10 build 10159 - Install package failure

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by thecremeegg, Jul 4, 2015.

1. thecremeegg

thecremeegg Guest

GPU:
    ATI 280x Xfire
    Trying to install the 15.5 betas that I was using before windows updated itself and now it won't let me install due to an "Install Package Failure". I've tried the 15.6 betas as well, same issue?

I can't for some reason use the Windows 10 specific driver as it doesn't seem to work with my cards and GTA5 so that isn't an option.
    It was fine yesterday, what would cause this problem?

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Use 10162 and 1023.7 AMD drivers (WU drivers).

10159 is old.

3. thecremeegg

thecremeegg Guest

GPU:
    ATI 280x Xfire
    It's hardly old - it came out last week :p

Anyway I've done a clean install of 10162 and used the latest Win 10 drivers and when I start GTA 5, the first snowy section runs flawlessly, however as soon as I get to the free-roam area with Franklin, it's borderline unplayable.
    The textures look like they're struggling to load in and it runs at a horribly low FPS.

I'm running an SSD and crossfire 7970s.

Any ideas why this would be?

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    what are your settings?

the game does not seem to like crossfire turn all advanced settings off and see what you get but if you cant handle 60fps with no drops then frametimes are all over the place which cause the horrible stutter, mine cant due to the cpu being a bit weak for gta5 yours however will be fine

i have to use half vysnc at 30fps and with that can manage 75% extra view distance

5. thecremeegg

thecremeegg Guest

GPU:
    ATI 280x Xfire
    Settings are same as I ran on the 15.5 drivers and got 60fps+ so it isn't that. It's so bizarre as even the loading screen lags with these drivers!