1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 Build 10074

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    i installed this fresh on a spare drive, i hadn't tried the last few builds and at first thought everything was pretty smooth until i had to install the windows updates and graphics drivers, the updates were really slow and seemed to pause half way through downloading them

as for the video drivers no matter which i tried and even the 1's through windows update give me a black screen when it comes to installing the actual driver and i have to reset the pc, i did wait quite a few mins before hand and although they looked like they had installed everything windows and games were not smooth at all

i hope this is fixed by the time it is released

2. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X 4GB
    Are you running the latest DirectX Caps Viewer from the standalone Windows SDK 10.0.10069 above?

I'm using the latest 3DMark 1.5.893 update, but it was released a full week before build 10.0.10074 and was intended to correct an issue with an earlier build 10061. The problem is not with 3DMark but with a combination of current Catalyst driver and updated OS build.

PS. Found a FutureMark forum post asserting that a complete reinstall of build 10074 can alleviate the problem with Direct3D 12 not available on the Catalyst driver. That would be too time consuming for me to try right now though...

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No I'm still using the 2010 SDK

I fixed 3DMark by updating FMSI. A new build came out a couple days ago.

Btw I've discovered setacl64 comes packed with the CCC installer and sets the /useplatformclock option in the bootloader.

I don't why it does, but I don't like it. I'm gonna contact AMD.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  4. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Any fix for broken start menu?

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I gave up and installed Classic Shell.

6. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X 4GB
    You can download just the SDK tools, they install in a separate directory.

Yes, it fixes "3DMark GUI has stopped working" errors, but 3DMark still fails Direct3D 12 test with "API not supported" in the results

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Why would a DX problem require an OS reinistall, isn't there a DX standalone with the SDK?

8. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    Saffire R9290x VaporX 8gb
    anybody having issues with it randomly crashing using teamviewer?? it seemed alright last night when messing around with it at my actual computer, but today i've been remoting in to add all the C++ packages, and it randomly just becomes unresponsive and my computer eventualy reboots back to windows 8.1.

9. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X 4GB
    No, the current Windows SDK only installs developer tools and build environment. End-user DirectX runtime is part of the OS since Windows XP SP2.

There was a redistributable DirectX package in the standalone DirectX SDK until the latter was merged into Windows 8.0 SDK, but as most of optional components were integrated into the core OS in Windows Vista/7/8.x, the last DXSetup (June 2010) doesn't really do much besides updating the HLSL compiler (which is again part of the OS since Windows 8.1).

10. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    The ad banners may work but as I said, changing the lineup for your team and using the Stat Tracker, which shows results in real time and your current standings do not and they use Flash.

You'd have to make a team and join a league to see I guess.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Anyone know how to get spellcheck working again in Firefox?

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yerah 2010 SDK is what I've always used. The new SDK/ADK bundles are geting too big inmho. Sometimes you don't need the whole package. lol

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Obvious question, but is it Enabled here?

Sometimes disables itself for me

[​IMG]

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I use Win Toolkit.
    Bit more user friendly than WIDM....

15. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Why does the PRO version install as PRO in VMWare Player yet installs as Home on my Lenovo tablet? I want to connect the tablet to a domain but it installs Home so I can't?

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    probably depends on the key you use

17. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    I don't get asked for any key! Installed same ISO in VMWare and it installs as PRO, never asked for a key! Same ISO extracted to USB and doing an install from within Windows 8.1 Enterprise on the tablet but selecting clean install, when finished it's the Home version?

18. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X 4GB
    Paste this link to the Explorer address bar

Control Panel\System and Security\Add Features to Windows 10

then enter the product key provided on the Windows 10 download page.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  19. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Likely already a Core key embedded in the tablet BIOS or however they do it for OEM

Just switch out the key after install for a pro key as above

20. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    I read always how wonderfull Windows 10 is, so i try it out and in my eye ist a complete disaster

Spartan Browser why someone in the year 2015 would use a Ultra fast Browser (yes it is) without usefull plugin Interface. Why should someone use a Browser without adblocks, i want to decide which Website are worth enable ads.
    Dual Monitor it sucks, too. Try pull out a tab to an other Monitor.
    Grammar check drives me mad, it correct english words to german

Metro i saw the startmenu and Metro Options crash sometimes. Finaly the Apps sync with Windows 8.1 Mobile.

Cortana works in german language on mobile very well, even with my schwäbisch dialect, but on Windows it´s like a old Grandma with bad ears who just don´t understand anything.

Games i just try Mortal Kombat X and GTA5, on both games i lost about 30% fps. Sounds like a great Gamer OS.

Boottime it is slower, when i press my Power Button on Windows 8.1 it´s almost instant ready on Windows 10 i get some secounds boot time.

Standby doesnt work at all, normaly when i fallen asleep while watching movies the PC goes to Standby after the Movie, it just don´t happend in Windows 10.

The Icon look like Windows 98/ME...

What the hell is going on by Microsoft? Looks like they make just GUI Design the last years.

Last edited: May 13, 2015