1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 Build 10074

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sildur

Sildur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    The issues with game crashing / tabbing you out to the desktop and opening the start menu is probably caused by a new notification that pops up in some games telling you how to use their new hotkeys which are following:

win+alt+r = start recording.
    win+alt+t = show recording timer.
    win+g = Show games-bar
    win+alt+g = record a gameclip
    win+alt+print = make a screenshot.

If you get one of those messages you can check to disable their notification.
    Turning the notification off fixed my issue with DayZ SA which would minimize itself and bring me back to my desktop with my start menu being openend up.

(Hotkeys aren't working here btw, or at least I didn't notice any difference when trying to use one..beside the screenshot one, however that's also in win8)

2. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I haven't seen any of those messages.

3. CapKrunch

CapKrunch Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    I'm enjoying this new build 10074 and playing CS GO no problem.. I haven't run into any problem so far and hope it will stay that way. *cross fingers*

I'm downloading Dying Light and will report back

4. Sildur

Sildur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    Yeah same goes for a friend of mine. It seems to only pop up in certain games here. (DayZ SA and Minecraft, so far.) While it didn't for my friend not sure why tho. Sometimes you can't see them because of fullscreen, always saw them in windowed mode. That might be it.

Running 10074 x64 Pro here, logged into a ms account.

Last edited: May 1, 2015

5. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Okay found the fix for HL2 in Steam. In the launch options type in -windowed -noborder. Then start the game, go to options and set up the video the way you want it but leave it in windowed mode.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    They're the ones! I should have put that in my last post :). The windowed mode is talking about the display access type (as opposed to exclusive mode), so even though it is in 'windowed' mode it is full screen, and you're none the wiser between that and normal fullscreen. It doesn't seem to affect performance either, although there would definitely be a performance penalty.

Only thing is if I enable all the third party shader stuff in the configurator the picture doesn't look quite like it should with those settings, but if you didn't know you probably wouldn't know that either.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
  8. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
  9. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I just wonder what in Win 10 is causing us to have to use those settings in the launch options. Win 8.1 works fine without them. Maybe it's DX 12 screwing up in DX 9 mode? Or maybe the Win 10 Radeon driver?

10. Slamb

Slamb Member

GPU:
    AMD7750
    i hope creative or microsoft fix somehow issues with creative audio control panel in windows 10 :(

11. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX580
    yes it does get stuck or seem to lag at times

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Just remember the whole purpose of the preview is so Microsoft has a wider testing community. If you find any issues, search for it in the feedback app and click 'me too' if found. If not, open a new feedback response. The only way issues will be fixed is if Microsoft knows about them!

13. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX580
    Honestly i always figured it was something creative would have to address..but i will take a look as you said:)...Didn't see anything worded the way i would have so i added "Sound Blaster Z-Series control panel unresponsive" under hardware devices and drivers in case anyone want to check me to:)
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Worst case it's something Microsoft can pass along :). Although it seems if they don't like the feedback it gets deleted, which is why there are no references to safe mode in the feedback (even though I submitted something and a couple of others have as well).

Microsoft's solution to accessing safe mode, which you use if you can't get into Windows and startup repair doesn't work, is to boot into Windows and access it through the new Control UI. Well Microsoft, if you can get into Windows, then you don't need safe mode anyway.

It seems Microsoft can't understand that concept.

15. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Apparently the old Win 8 trick works again with Win 10 to get safemode F8 back

---
    Command Prompt:

Enable:
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

Disable:
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Preview of 10108

17. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
  18. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Do we know if it'll be possible to remove certain programs that are bundled with the OS? Or is it expected of the user, that they just simply ignore the apps they have no interest in? In my own case, I'm talking about " Video / Xbox / App Store " etc.

19. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Yea you can uninstall stock apps, never tried them all, but I know News can be removed just like any other app you've downloaded yourself

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Does this version have the game recording application ?