1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 and switchable graphic probems (this is something else)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Mehmet Tarik, Jun 17, 2019.

?

Have you ever had this problem?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No way man! I have not a potatoes pc

50.0%
  1. Mehmet Tarik

Mehmet Tarik New Member

GPU:
    Ati Hd 6550M
    Hello everyone, I'm new users in this website. I am actually already looking this website. I have such a problem so that, this problem has cooled me off computers. Despite all my research, I can't get a full solution. Please help me you great brothers.

in a nutshell:

The Leshcatlabs 16.2.1 amd driver I used with Windows 7 did not work when I updated the computer to Windows 10. When I install the drivers, disable the driver updates and restart them, a blackout occurs first. Then, the resolution drops and you get the message that your display device failed to initialize. When I check the device manager, there is an exclamation point next to intel. Another time when I open Windows, the exclamation point appears next to amd, and if I turn the computer off, the screen turns black completely. I need to take the format. Please help me for a year I have not solved.

Sorry about my english. I was looking for some words on translate...

my computer hardware:
    ─░ntel core i5 480m (Hd legacy gpu)
    Amd readon 6550m ( or some drivers 5000 series)

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Have you checked the site of your laptop manufacturer for the Win10 drivers?

Switchable graphics always was PITA and always will be.

PS I had a laptop with AMD dual graphics and it was PITA too.

PPS If you want to play games get desktop or notebook with decent dedicated GPU (only). Period. If you do not want to play games then disable AMD videocard (dGPU) and use only Intel one (iGPU).

3. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    RX64 Red Devil
    I read a bit about your driver. The maker claims these are self-signed ones.
    Either the certificate is the cause or the way Win10 handles drivers, as this is very different from older versions.
    My best guess would be a compatibility issue of the driver, then you would need newer ones.

EDIT: Regarding your poll: No, but I don't judge your computer.

4. Mehmet Tarik

Mehmet Tarik New Member

GPU:
    Ati Hd 6550M
    The latest driver to update the history of my computer. When I look for Windows 10, I cannot select windows 10 as the operating system. Because the developer company officially ignored this computer. It's pointless. When I got it through Leshcatlabs it was said that it works for windows 10 but it doesn't work. Is there any way I can beat this?

Thanks for the return! :) I don't have enough money to buy a new computer. I use the computer for software development programs and old games. This is enough for me. But I really want to solve this problem. Because the windows 10 boot is very good in terms of design.

5. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    RX64 Red Devil
    I meant you need newer drivers, not a new computer. ;-)

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    he needs drivers which work. And that can be older ones. When dealing with switchable graphics you can never be sure to get newer-working-well drivers.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    It would have to be older drivers since he has legacy hardware. I would uninstall the Leschat driver package and let Windows Update install a set, since you do not need latest driver.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Or - since OP plays only (really) old games - there is no benefit from Windows10 - so OP can install Windows8.1 in case manufacturer`s site has drivers for Windows8.1

PS I would not install new OS (only because of good looks) in absence of working drivers.

9. Mehmet Tarik

Mehmet Tarik New Member

GPU:
    Ati Hd 6550M
    Thanks for reply. Apparently I won't find a drive that works exactly. Maybe I should wait for people to solve the same problem as me ... This driver problem has ruined me.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    True, nothing wrong with running earlier OS if it works on system.

11. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    * there might be a BIOS update that fix the problem for new OS:oops:
    1. go to laptop website (update to latest laptop BIOS, download intel graphics driver and AMD driver)
    2. Uninstall all previous intel and AMD drivers
    3. Disconnect from Internet (to prevent microsoft driver update)
    4. install intel graphics driver first.(important to be first one)
    5. then install AMD driver

Mehmet Tarik likes this.
  12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Install Windows 7 if it worked fine.

386SX and Caesar like this.
  13. Mehmet Tarik

Mehmet Tarik New Member

GPU:
    Ati Hd 6550M
    Yep, sensible about using another BIOS. But... Which one ? The latest F29 is available on the HP site. I am already using this version. So, maybe I should change to UEFI? Do you think it will affect the question? Or can I change to UEFI? I don't know much about this.

And.. about drivers installing/updating: No one install/updates in HP website for win 10.

14. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    change to UEFI