Windows 10 20H2 (Build 19042.508)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 20, 2020.

1. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Damm it, I have allowed the Windows to update it self by accident ....
    Now I have Edge installed , cannot uninstall the crap , I would not mind but some of the functionality it's broken , for example I wanted to download my latest bank statement as I do every month but now it does not work , Tried all sorts then I have reinstalled the old explorer and voila it works ! Be cursed Microsoft , why change things when they are not broken .
    Time for clean install again , fook like I have the time for this crap , why are they forcing the edge on us ?
    Rant over sorry .

HK-1 likes this.
  2. 386SX

386SX Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    The initial edge version was crap to say the least. Glad they now ship the new version.

Build a script you run every time you reinstall windows. Almost everything can be done by script. Add what you like and save it somewhere. It's not difficult, a lot of script snippets are out there for a copy and paste hunt.

And keep in mind: never remove, just disable system stuff. Otherwise you could break windows update.

mbk1969 and ZXRaziel like this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    https://lifehacker.com/how-to-uninstall-edge-chromium-when-windows-10-wont-let-1844297854

On my pc I just used ccleaner to remove edge chrome on few other pc I had to use the above method mention specifically the Powershell method.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Uninstall Edge, it's a security nightmare and dosen't work correctly anyway. I still use Chrome.

HK-1 likes this.

5. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I thought it was the other way around?

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    The Chrome browser has been around for a good few years now. It's always been rock solid to use. I'd rather use the older Edge than the newer one.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it isn't?

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Maybe it's just me. Probably. But I will say that when I minimize and maximize YT videos it takes 10 seconds or so to do so. Sometimes it crashes the browser. Plus checking for updates is hit and miss. At times it just gives an error.

"We can't wait for you to try it" Just reading that gives me doubts.

9. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Makes you wonder why is Microsoft so desperately trying to force us to use their proprietary web browser and makes it very hard to remove it , cough cough ....

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Cause they didnt get in enough trouble with that in EU so there trying to push it in states? MS has been heading down there "our way" is only way that matters and if we can get away with we will route for while atlest on PC side thing cause they strange hold grip of monopoly when comes to OS really being only OS used on PC.

Like said though I no issue removing via CCleaner on my person PC by other pc I tried it on I could removed threw CCleaner and had to do it threw powershell means and even then some PC gave me grief about I not "allowed" to cause I not administrator

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Haven't experienced this, but it could be a driver bug.
    I didn't get the reported TDR's either, but nvidia managed to and fixed a case for the next driver.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Could well be. Boot up from a restart takes over a minute, so who knows.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well since I fiqure out how to fix my gamepad issue I have no problem so for with 20h2 those esent log are still there but there no issue. I have notice that there event viewer log from DCOM refering to "MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy" saying it cant bestarted that I have renamed to disable itNever such entries before.

And Dont remeber who mention but renaming "MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy" it to disable was great idea on laptop and tablets less drain on battery.

I also did a half hour test with the game I have installed and they all seem to run like the should be. Hardware scheduling what ever that is called in 20h2 is disable I think I will leave that way seeing it wasnt enable when look in first place

14. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    just wanted to know what you guys think, if it's worth it to upgrade yet, from 2004?
    mainly using this specific machine for gaming(and i have no idea how optimized 2009 is compared to 2004)

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Seems fine to me. Just don't use dark mode.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I upgrade from 1909 only issue I really had was my gamepad would keep my pc monitor from going to sleep. but I Fixed that issue buy using and 360 controller for windows driver from 2009 according to ifyoo they noticed the same thing but cant find a driver reason as to why the 2009 driver lets sleep work but 2019 one dont in 20h2 special consider same driver was fine in 1909 build, they think something in windows changed. and I would not be surprised

Most my game run like they should, I do use dark mode and for most part everything look good, there was bug where the old add remove programs windows was all black and unreadable, but the last CU fixed that permission and administrative rights are still funky like alway, think at this point everything expect windows to tell them they dont have rights to do this or that even when they are the admin

17. MaBo974

MaBo974 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1650
    I updated my 2004 to 20H2 some days ago. The only small problem I had after the installation was that checking for updates was stuck, but it turned out that you simply have to wait, even some hours and than it go away by itself. About performance, I've done a 3D Mark run and even gained 1% performance on the CPU score.

18. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    Hi MaBo74 well I also already make test this dawn but I prefer W10 LTSC modified by me works like a charm, see this is my personal opinion

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    .662 preview update.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...dows-10-insider-preview-build-19042-662-20h2/

Bunch of fixes and curious for what's a cumulative update also rolling out a few features and such changes that would otherwise be in a new build.

Task manager somehow got reset back to it's default view so it might have touched some other registry or services or whatever but that's minor stuff overall. :D

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Task manager often just resets itself as it is, i keep a reg backup of the layout these days

JonasBeckman likes this.