Windows 10 20H2 (Build 19042.508)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 20, 2020.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Does anyone else get DistributedCOM warnings spammed in event viewer? I currently have 774 warnings for the same thing, event id 10016

In System tab... I tried fixing it manually but it didn't work.

CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
    APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

Which from what I can tell is something called PerAppRuntimeBroker, read it had something to do with security permissions but altering them didn't help.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    386SX likes this.
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    February 2, 2021—KB4598291 (OS Builds 19041.789 and 19042.789) Preview

• Updates an issue that causes a device to stop responding when you play a game in full-screen or tablet mode.

• Updates an issue with using Ctrl+Caps Lock and Alt+Caps Lock to switch to Hiragana or Katakana mode respectively after upgrading to Windows 10, version 2004.

• Updates an issue that prevents you from opening a document that is on the Windows desktop.

• Updates an issue that creates duplicate cloud provider folders in the File Explorer navigation pane.

• Updates an issue with some special key combinations used in DaYi, Yi, and Array IMEs that might cause an application to stop working.

• Updates an issue that displays a blank lock screen after a device wakes up from Hibernate.

• Corrects historical daylight savings time (DST) information for the Palestinian Authority.

• Updates an issue that incorrectly deactivates some Windows 10 Education devices after upgrading to Windows 10, version 2004.

• Updates an issue that might cause the Alt+Tab order to change unexpectedly and cause you to switch to the wrong window.

• Updates an issue that fails to show Extract all on the shortcut menu when you right-click an online-only ZIP file.

Couple of noteworthy fixes.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes, but, wheres my 19043 enablement package.

6. 386SX

386SX Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    This may be a dumb question, but what is an "online-only ZIP file"?
    I could think of a ZIP file you open on a local network share, but I may be wrong ...

Anyone knows for sure? :)

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I never even heard of that I would assume would mean networked zip file that not physical on said system too.

then again I use 7zip to unzip everything have never "unzipped" file not physical on my system

386SX likes this.
  8. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Just think of OneDrive ;)

386SX likes this.
  9. 386SX

386SX Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Oh ....

I belong to the "dont put it in a cloud" team from the mid 80s, so I dont use this stuff. I am so old school I do backups. REGULARLY! :D

Jokes aside, thank you for the explanation. ;)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    AsiJu likes this.
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah i backup things to my HDD atlest the important stuff, I do use google drive to save photoes but that mostly photos of wallpapers and avatar and stuff i dont care about if i lose, I dont even have one drive installed on my pc it was uninstalled it one first thing I do upon installing windows

386SX likes this.

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Whatever KB4598291 did, rig did not like it one bit. Note Pad would not stay open, Word Pad same-closes soon after opening. Event viewer did not stay open long enough to see anything. Tash Scheduler, services, performance monitor all would close soon after opening. The chromium based IE also same behavior, opens fine but then closes soon afterwards. Uninstalled KB4598291 and all said peculiarities were gone. All was back to normal.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is caused by Kaspersky or another utility that shoves itselve into all processes, it needs an update for the preview CU's.

782 was also affected

otherwise some windows execution policy or user-modification of the OS is involved.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you mean like real-time scanner? like what Avast uses? and most other AV products?

Honestly next time I actual do "clean" isntall of windows I will probably just MS defender with Malware bytes.

I already switch most other system I "manage" to MS defender and most those system run better, then gain most those system are using less then 4gb ram and 2 core systems

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Found the culprit causing the issue; a piece of ASUS software. GPU Tweak can be open and running but however they chose to implement the monitoring causes the issue. There is no replacing Afterburner. There is a reason why it is the gold standard. My bad.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You might be able to upgrade to GPU Tweak III

I'm not a fan of the software myself, quite a few users were misplacing blame against nvidia for low framerates when it was GPU Tweak causing a low frame cap to be applied.

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    refind it even further. the exact issue occurs when the osd overlay is enabled. GPU Tweak III suffers the same issue. Done with their software.

17. empleat

empleat Member

GPU:
    geforce 780
    If i disable TextInputHost.exe startup in regedit - I get DCOM errors, Event ID: 10001 and 10010. I tried to uncheck run on this computer and deny all permissions for "730BFCEC"... in dcomcnfg.exe, which has name InputService. Not sure, if it is TextInputHost.exe tho. But I still get errors. I am thinking about disabling DCOM all together. I read it is not necessary, but not sure, if it is safe.

More info here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-s...io-start-english-processes-3.html#post2152082
    https://superuser.com/questions/161...put-application-from-starting/1617037#1617037

18. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @empleat dont mess with dcom That error happens when you disable textinputhost, via renaming it folder/exe you can trying running sfc /scannow which will make new folder a for textinputhost which will fix the error, would would mean there disable and enabled folder for and which should keep it disable atlest it is on my end, I have 3 folder for textinputhost
    Code:
    C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy    <-----remade by SFC
    C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy_off    <-------- Original folder I disabled
    C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy__off  <-------- 2nd Folder I disable after first SFC  but textinputhost was not running here either

Each instant happens when you rename the freshly made one from a sfc /scannow as of now I no error in event viewer and textinputhost dont run. but yeah dont mess with dcom last i did that I royally screw up security on win 10

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    You guys should focus on things that actually increase performance, that process (textinputhost.exe) doesn't run at all once after booted. Check the CPU time numbers for it.