Windows 10 20H2 (Build 19042.508)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 20, 2020.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    MS is kind skimpy on notes lately

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's just normal, most of the changes aren't for the end user anyway...

xD

*edit*

Update installed, broke windows 10..

boot into safe mode with command prompt, no desktop but command prompt showed thankfully, sfc /scannow is mvp.

I am so procreating sick of windows 10.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I think we are all getting tired of updates breaking windows 10.

It chalk up which i more annoyed with MS and window 10 updates breaking things or Roku and there OS updates break TV that using there OS.. 9.3.0 and 9.4.0 roku updates pretty much make me not want to turn off my tv or change input cause setting getting gliched plus the hdmi handshake issue going on with it. I been pull the plug on my tv for 10 minutes and power cycling the set almost ever day to fix bugs just for it to happen again

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yep newest cu just screwed stuff up my desktop now just constantly blinking

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Now that I fixed it..

I had to restart into Safemode with command prompt and run SFC /Scannow to fix, I am now removing the update and put delay quality update for 15 days.

The normal desktop flashed constantly and safemode desktop flashed constantly only safemode command prompt worked

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nice

KB4592438

that what was installed and it not even listed so i cant even uninstall it.... but hey atlest system is usable now, who know what else it screw up

Well THe safemode command propmet
    Restored the Textinput I had disabled by creating an all new
    MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy
    I changed to
    MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy__off
    to disable it again I now i have 2
    MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy__off
    MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy_off
    entries.

I did find out I dont have to take owner ship of folders to rename them to disable them, I just need to end process first

And this update reinstall chrome edge again, which I once again uninstalled via CCleaner

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Sigh...... well good to see I am not alone.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

not alone but i sure still all annoyed by it happen so often. Seriously I knew about the issue cause I read this​

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9buz6/i_just_installed_todays_update_and_after/

And was like what are chances it happens, yah well i learn. cause that is exactly what happen. I i could get on the desktop and do anything same thing that happen there happen in safemode. If it was for fact I tried Safemode with command prompt, and SFC /Scannow work I would bee more aggiated cause i would been doing clean install. I cant wait till get call from my uncles cuase update was pushed on him...

CU/ Quality updates are back to be defered for 7 days.

KB4592438
    No option on my end to uninstall this. hope nothing else stupid happens.
    Found out there no option cause it was actual removed but removing it didnt fix the problem it caused
    sfc /scannow in safemode with command prompet did I am back on 19042.630

As it is I am annoyed with fact my router is have massive issue handling dns request, which i can sorta kinda skirt around by put dns servers on my pc but that does change how insanely slow things are loading pages I just dont get "page cant be found check network" error in FF, but info is still pass to the router and getting lost. gona wait till 20th which when Spectrum should have AX router out, in which time i will get that to fix that issue instead having to pay 200+ for router seeing my bill includes the modem and router month fee so my bill wont change.

I even have pair of cat 6 cables coming to replace the cables between router and mt device to rule that out as issue

Is it to much to ask for thing to just work, and updates to not fubar crap i have update from MS breaking thing and i have updates from roku breaking thing on my tv's

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  10. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    hmm maybe I can be wrong but to leave the W10 LTSC only if I go back to Linux ...

11. Chert

Chert Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    I'm at 685 and everything is working OK so far. I hope it stays that way.

12. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    .685 working nicely for me too, but I do SFC /scannow after every update because Windows likes to corrupt itself a lot.

Chastity likes this.
  13. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    So this was the cause of my machine being ****ed this evening, I wished I'd seen these posts earlier, that flashing desktop is savagely messed up!

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I didn't, it updated without issue for me strangely, i went in expecting issues and got... none.

Windows is fun :D

The1 likes this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    in that sadistic kinda way. :rolleyes:

win 10 was supposed to make thing easy and better people low knowledge and simply thing, I think it opposite way around. specially for people with low knowledge on the stuff you know how many time I got call "windows" is working and I asked 1 thing did windows "update" they said yes...

There reason why I put pro on as many pc as i could, and made windows have to ask before install these great updates

16. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    If you give 10-15 minutes of your life, you save far more. After each update I give a run to all DISM commands, plus wsreset.exe and sfc /scannow. Combined with disk cleanup and a restart, OS is always running as new.

-Tj- likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    my only issue, and i assume this will take care of itself with the next feature update, is that i have to force the installation of newer versions of the zune apps, and sound recorder because i buggered around with the app folders a bit too much after doing a disk change - and this is limited to my admin account, my standard user account has no issues updating this apps through the store

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sound like more of the infamus permission issue with 10 got

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I just manually installed this today, so far so good.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i've traced it to the file associations, but they all work fine, so idk. feature updates are basically repair installs and they redo the ACL's of most things in the registry, so it should fix them XD