Windows 10 [20H1] Build 19041

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Dec 11, 2019.

1. abdulhkeem

abdulhkeem Member

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    does any one else had this error "device manager and all adminitstrative tools getting blocked by an administrator" after updating to 19041.172 image:
    [​IMG]

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Windows 10 getting more and more anticonsumer.

Your windows root certificates are somehow messed up.

3. abdulhkeem

abdulhkeem Member

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    i can recover by an inplace upgrade to 19041.153 installing the update results in that error wish i could find 19041.172 iso, that would probably fix it, until a newer build i am staying on 19041.153.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I want to add a correction, as I got the second option wrong, the method quoted above does not show MPV as an option, and the browse feature is indeed removed from there, but the secondary option remains functional. Sorry for anyone seeing the original comments, but if you want to do it individually for each file type, the option remains available.

Right click on a file type that is not associated with MPV, for example a movie in .webm, go to properties > general > open with > change > more apps > scroll down all the way to look for another app on this PC and select mpv or browse to the mpv directory if mpv is not there and select it as the default program for that file type. (THIS STILL WORKS), for individual file types.

6. abdulhkeem

abdulhkeem Member

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    well that what happens when i install KB4552455

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    End of april release?

8. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    So the latest patch brings the build to 19041.172? No more patches? When is this going to be released? I thought they were already pushing it through the Windows Update.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    There's still a variety of issues and the full release could be late April or even in May sometime though the updates are not part of any specific schedule like the upcoming patch Tuesday next week but can roll out whenever sometimes just over the slow ring sometimes over the release preview ring. (Fast Ring I think will just be a way for the next build that might eventually become 20H2 or whatever it will turn into.)

Getting there though but I'm not sure how much this current situation with Corona has slowed down development due to work from home orders and how states or countries or cities try to deal with or contain the situation best as can be, updates are still happening though even new OS builds so development still goes on that much can be seen but 20H1 here still has no confirmed release date beyond "First-half of 2020" assumed to be around the April - May time frame for when it does go live though that is also unconfirmed and these cumulative updates could continue for a while yet even as the 19041.1 build itself is the final one.
    (19041.84 for the latest built install media probably going to be bumped up to .172 eventually or what the next cumulative is and what the final one will be whenever this does go live.)

10. abdulhkeem

abdulhkeem Member

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    will be? its already on WU.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Nice, must have missed that. :)

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...der-preview-build-19041-173-to-the-slow-ring/

EDIT: And it apparently also solves the defrag utility showing as action always being needed.

EDIT: Yeah it remembers it now, neat.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  13. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    19041.207 is already out.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Nice! So what does this one contain then.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...der-preview-build-19041-207-to-the-slow-ring/

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  15. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    LocoDiceGR likes this.

16. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Updated from 1909 using UUP Dump ISO without any problems.

17. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Ti Gaming X
    EDIT: And it apparently also solves the defrag utility showing as action always being needed.

EDIT: Yeah it remembers it now, neat.[/QUOTE]

I ran this and rebooted. It didn't remember it and still shows as action needed. :(
    I should mention, this is with a fresh install of 19041 and updated to the latest. 19041.207

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Yeah I should have updated that.

Used to be that you ran the Defrag UI and it listed requiring action, let it do it's trim/defrag and it showed it as all OK.
    Start the UI again and earlier it would be back to showing as action being needed.

Last cumulative or so apparently made it better but I read later and then also checked and yep it doesn't hold through a reboot but at least it's visual only if a bit inconvenient and a annoyance until Microsoft gets around to fixing this.
    Hopefully the 19600.x builds for Windows 10 already has that done so it just awaits being rolled in and distributed as part of the May cumulative update and what I assume would then be the full launch of 19041.x / Win10 20H1 / Vanadium 1 and so on.
    (Although even if the extra testing has helped it still feels like a cumulative or two more and then readying for release would be best fully ironing it out before distributing the latest install media and rolling out this current build on the main update channel.)

EDIT: So at least it still correctly defragments or trims the drives although it doesn't fully display or remember that this has been done and that needs fixing, small but still a bug.

19. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Ti Gaming X
    Thanks for sharing this information. At least it is operating properly and I'm sure it will get fixed in the future. Otherwise, I've no real issues with this release.

20. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    JonasBeckman likes this.