Windows 10 2017-07 Cumultive Update Causing RTSS Startup Loop--Fix?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by samhain1969, Aug 2, 2017.

1. samhain1969

samhain1969 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti/10GB
    Hello,

I just downloaded/installed 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4032188) moments ago on my Alienware R2 15 laptop and when I restarted it, RivaTuner started acted erratically.

It started going into this loop of wanting to start but a Compatibility Assistant pop-up window appears, with the following:

"This app can't run on this PC. RivaTuner Statistics Server - RTSS doesn't work on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available."

Running v.6 No-go there. I tried running the Windows compatibility... No-go again.

I ended up installing RTSS Beta (7) version w/out unistalling v.6 and it finally worked.

Just posting this, in the event anyone else runs into this issue. Not guaranteeing a fix, just telling my version of events that worked for me.

2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    The Creator's Update has known compatibility issues with the RTSS 6.xx and below hooking engine. RTSS 7.xx fixes these issues and is noted in the release notes.

From the RTSS 7.xx release notes: