1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 [19H1] Build 18362

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
    • We fixed an issue resulting in the Connect app crashing on launch for some Insiders.
    • We fixed the issue with Microsoft Store app upates not automatically installing.
    Known issues
    • Microsoft Store app updates do not automatically install on 18356+. As a workaround, you can manually check for, and install updates via the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”. FIXED!
    • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
    • Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18362/
    [ADDED] We’ve received reports of Windows Insiders encountering install issues trying to install this build in the Slow ring with an associated error code of 0x80242016. We are actively investigating and ask that affected users upvote the following feedback item: https://aka.ms/AA4jxt8. We will share additional information as available.

UPDATE 3/26: Over the last couple of weeks, Insiders in the Slow ring have been receiving new 19H1 builds in addition to also receiving Cumulative Updates. After flighting Build 18362 to the Slow ring on Friday, Insiders began reporting they were unable to complete the update. We have discovered an issue with the Build 18356.16 (KB4494123) Cumulative Update that was preventing the update to Build 18362 from completing successfully. This issue only impacts Insiders who are on Build 18356.16 who try to update to Build 18362. THANK YOU to Insiders who reported feedback on this in Feedback Hub and upvoted – your feedback was immensely valuable in helping investigate this issue over the weekend! The team is currently working on a fix now. In the meantime, Build 18362 will no longer be offered to Insiders who are on Build 18356.16, so Insider PCs don’t continue to try and take Build 18362 and fail. We will post another update once we release the fix and resume the Build 18362 flight. Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    When is that damn bugcheck issue going to get fixed?

I read that it is up to the developers of anti-cheat software to fix the issue, which only begs the question of why they haven't already but also why, if this issue doesn't occur on Windows 10 build 1809 and earlier why Microsoft can't just fix it?

I would like to install this new build but I'm reluctant to because I am playing a few games that use EasyAntiCheat such as The Division 2 so if that is going to cause a GSOD every time I load it up then that's going to mean an unplayable game.

Has anyone played EasyAntiCheat games on Windows 10 19H1 and not had any BSOD/GSODs?

Strange Times and eGGroLLiO like this.
  3. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3 UG
    I'm not testing anything for them til they fix that bug.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    why should the anti cheat authors fix a bug for alpha operating systems?

5. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X GAMING
    U mad bro?

By the release time, you think all games, and especially old ones, are gonna update instantly?

It should be addressed already. It is impossible to fix all affected games and we are talking about a dozen or more, in the same month of release.

And what about older ones? What if game developer forces you to not update windows 10 anymore. Microsoft is ready for many lawsuits filled by everyone.

6. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    And its not an alpha OS, we're in late beta stage now. It definitely should have already been addressed. That its coming so close with no resolution is really pressing their luck. And whomever is more responsible in the end, be it Creative or Microsoft, that bug has lingered far too long as well. Neither affect me personally, so I'm happily running the OS now, but still, they're big bugs.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    All Fast ring builds are alpha, it goes beta once a build enters preview ring.

even then, the OS hasn't been release quality since 1607.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    All 3 issues seem to be third party ones so I'd guess this is it or the second to last build.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    If this same build hits slow-ring in a few days to a week with no further fast-ring builds for 19H1 that should almost confirm it, hitting the release-preview ring after that close to the full release would be a total confirmation and then it's likely only one or two cumulative updates in the period between fast-ring release to full release for this build though I'd have hoped to see the anti-cheat issue resolved at least.

lucidus likes this.
  10. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    This is on the slow ring now

lucidus likes this.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Jackalito and Strange Times like this.
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It doesn't surprise me at all that the issue was their EV signatures.

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  15. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X GAMING
    We all know 19H1 means half of the year. ;)

With those serious bugs May or even June are onto the plans. This will not go rtm like that. The shitstorm would be uncontrollable this time around, much worse than the previous 1809.

Strange Times likes this.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    What's funny is that 1809 is probably the most issue free Win10 version I've used since the OS launch.

17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    June? Dude they are preparing for next month for sure.

Strange Times likes this.
  18. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    [ADDED] We’ve received reports of Windows Insiders encountering install issues trying to install this build in the Slow ring with an associated error code of 0x80242016. We are actively investigating and ask that affected users upvote the following feedback item: https://aka.ms/AA4jxt8. We will share additional information as available.

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  20. Strange Times

Strange Times Active Member

GPU:
    RX 580
    looks like rtm