1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 [19H1] Build 18358

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 15, 2019.

1. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti G1 GAMING OC
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18361 (19H1) - March 19

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, new build is out. Nothing interesting though.

Changes,
    • We fixed an issue preventing certain VMs from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds – the VM would hang on the black screen with the Windows logo.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing unexpected BitLocker prompts to encrypt certain drives, and then subsequently failing to encrypt.
    Open issues are predictable,
    • Microsoft Store app updates do not automatically install on 18356+. As a workaround, you can manually check for, and install updates via the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”.
    • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
    • Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
    • If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
    There's not much time left for a March sign off, what the heck is going on with the GSOD problem? So far the best thing coming out of the 1903 release is there is no 19H2 in sight for PC. Not too keen on installing it yet, I've tried 3 builds in the past two months and in all 3 of them the start menu/shellexperiencehost failed, leaving me with no start menu/flyouts until I restarted explorer.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Why do you think that it's good? They probably will spend half a year fixing bugs in 1903 after it's launch.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm just hoping for better quality releases with a slower release cycle.

Extraordinary likes this.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    I'd hope they'd fix bugs for longer than 6 months after every release lol

6 monthly releases is too frequent for MS to push out a stable build and fix bugs in previous build, they're queueing up build after build with list of bugs after bugs, then adding a new build on top of that twice a year, it's too much for them, especially the current Windows team

One release per year is more than enough, we survived fine on one release every few years until 10 arrived

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Well, there's a bug with a lock screen background and another one (possibly related) in how the keyboard input registers if your primary display is in standby - these two weren't fixed since their introduction back in 1607 I believe. So...

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There's the goofy animation bug with the action center that was introduced with the wrong side of the screen fix ... lol. Hopefully they'll fix all this in patches to 1903. Xbox has a 19H2 but their use case is different so I'm not going much on that.