1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 [19H1] Build 18351

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
    • If you haven’t been able to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time), we’ve just made more slots available! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need. We’ve also made fixes to improve the download and install experience thanks to your feedback, so please try again if you had problems before.
    • We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in monitors being missing from the built-in Color Management application.
    • We fixed an issue causing Explorer.exe to crash for some Insiders when Jump list content was updated.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in some devices unexpectedly experiencing a 30 second wait before pin re-entry was available after a pin was incorrectly entered on the lock screen.
    • We fixed an issue where the time shown on the clock in Windows Sandbox might not match the clock outside of Windows Sandbox.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in Emoji 12 emoji showing up as boxes in certain XAML text fields.
    • We fixed an issue where text scaling values did not persist across upgrades for Win32 applications.
    • Due to a Narrator reading reliability issue for the “Change how capitalized text is read” feature, the feature has been disabled starting in build 18351.
    • We fixed an issue where the mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
    Known issues
    • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
    • While this flight contains some night light improvements, we’re continuing to investigate reported issues in this space.
    • Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
    • We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
    • We’re investigating an issue where region settings are being reset on upgrade for some Insiders.
    • We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18351/

Strange Times and warlord like this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @warlord GSOD and creative xfi still not fixed :p

3. Strange Times

Strange Times Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    ms please cancel h2 and focus on h1

lucidus and warlord like this.
  4. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    [​IMG]

lucidus and Strange Times like this.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
    Jesus Christ M$

6. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Mine works now with the new driver X-Fi titanium pcie

lucidus likes this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    JC washed his hands of M$ long ago M$ is trying to do to much in sort of time, and failing? when they can't even release build without massive issue and problems, they should not be even thinking about next build down the road. To many builds and updates being pulled to often.

I have feature updates deferred for year now and QoL updates are defered for a month at this point.

My dads friends PC got fubard by one there updates and dont seeing he told it was doing "windows update" and since then refused to boot and seeing as I 600+ miles away i cant exactly fix for him. needless to say he not happy, and he dont know how to do clean install of windows 10 and see it wont even boot in to safemode he cant even do system restore, and even if he could he has windows 10 home and cant stop feature update being forced in first place.

MS need to rethink there current way of doing things, all this stuff they done that supposed to make thing easier for people without the know how, has dont nothing but make thing worse for those people.

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    @tsunami231 So, you're complaining about bugs and stability issues in beta and alpha releases of the OS? Protip: DON'T USE THEM. Being part of fast ring and such means you are beta testing unstable code, and you are doing the reporting to them for free.

9. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    Maybe MS should stop trying to emulate Canonical way of work (which they seem to do good) and go back to MS way of work: 3 years between releases, with a service pack or two in the middle. Rock solid stuff, like it used to be until 2015, instead of this ongoing science project.

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Riiiiiiiight.

What I don't get though is why we need a new OS build for an update to Snip & Sketch?

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    unless you not been paying attention alot hese "bugs" are going on in official build updates that get pulled mutilple times same for CU updates as of late.

Last I checked RS5 got pulled what 3 times? and there been atlest 1 CU since then that made system not want to boot.

I would love that to happen again I just do see it happening, would defiantly cut down all the "issues" they been having as of late.

12. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI SLI
    I can't seem to install this build, It comes up with
    "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10.
    Although you are enrolled in the Windows Insider Program this device isn't yet eligible for this build."

not sure why, Im upgrading from build 17763 windows 10 pro workstation.

I tried upgrading via windows update and from a ISO image but same result.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Surely Microsoft could just get some X-fi sound cards and actually test them for Windows 10....

Windows 10 has had multiple issues now with X-Fi sound cards for every single major build of Windows 10.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's no wonder Windows 10 is such a mess with all the different versions Microsoft have to support, not just the current build and pre-release 19H1 and 19H2 builds but also all the twice yearly updates since its release!

So many things take ages to get fixed, some stuff works then gets broken (FLAC's truncated song name reading ability for instance which has been broken for well over six months since the 1809 update) and some stuff never gets fixed. There's also all the Xbox stuff, including the Game bar, and changes to the way exclusive fullscreen works that results in issues with engines such as Unity (that doesn't support exclusive fullscreen by default) and impaired performance in some games. Then there's the way updates can get forced on users, such as my nephew who woke up one morning and found his PC had updated to the new build of Windows without any prior consent or warning. And the recent 17763.348 update, admittedly for Insider Preview users, which contained a Spectre fix that degraded performance in games - thankfully, this was fixed this morning with another cumulative update to 17763.349).

Seems addressing obscure bugs and supporting the ancient Internet Explorer are priorities over other more noticeable issues. Is it any wonder so many people complain about Windows 10?

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I keep adding more time to the deferred day value in WU, not till I see good reports.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My folder views in 1809 keep resetting, it's incredibly annoying. I wonder how many months will it take them to fix it given it took them a while to even acknowledge the file associations bug.

As for 19h1 ... what's going to happen to UWP Edge now that screenshots of win32 chromium Edge have been leaked? :p No point in maintaining it because the LTSB versions don't have it at all.

17. Strange Times

Strange Times Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    1 update per year will be fine i guess
    in november or october

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Xbox insiders will be getting 19H2 via the skip ahead ring while we on PC have 20H1. I sincerely hope it means we're not getting a 19H2 as semi annual releases are a waste of time without any useful uwp apps requiring more functionality and edge requiring constant development (thanks to win32 chromium version).

19. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI SLI

Im quoting myself since i fixed my issue and now can upgrade. So if anyone has this issue, it's basically because I had "battleye" anti cheat program installed from steam, removing this lets me upgrade just fine.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's probably because of the current known issue with anti-cheat software.