Windows 10 1809 Recommended?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gabsvm, Oct 19, 2018.

1. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Well that's just it, they DID fix it, then here it comes all over again. I don't get it at all, maybe is a thing only on some conifgurations now, or maybe it could be going from only a certain build then straight to a newer build? I just don't know anymore. It's all getting really wacky nowadays :eek:

2. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    hemla and joe187 like this.
  3. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    "Microsoft is working on a resolution and estimates a solution will be available in late November 2018." Source.

joe187 likes this.
  4. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    I installed 1809 yesterday and the "Turn off real-time protection" gpedit option does work just like before. If you expected it to remove the shield icon, that's not what it does.

To remove the icon there is this in gpedit: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Security\Systray.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Should be able to just disable it in task manager's startup tab then reboot

6. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I can tell you the build your on is not all that matters with Windows 10. It depends also on how you got to that build, what moon phase it was installed in, if there was a live unicorn in your plane of existence at the time, etc. etc. For example, I was running LTSB 1607 installed a year or so ago and updated with cumulative updates as they came out. It was rock solid and several bugs had been fixed, like the custom login/lock screen not working was fixed about 2-3 months ago. Then I tried out LTSC 1809, saw the new update medic service "total control hijacker", and decided to go back to LTSB 1607...

Installed 1607 clean on the exact same hardware, software, etc. and updated to current and wallah! The custom login/lock screen is broken again. Alcohol 120% is broken and cannot create a virtual drive anymore. It appears for a second then is removed and is only visible when showing hidden devices in device manager where it says "device is not connected". There are many more but for brevity, I'll just say many old bugs returned and new ones appeared on LTSB 1607. I guess the cumulative updates are not all that cumulative?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  7. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    It's just how Microsoft does Windows these days. I have exactly same Windows version on few different computers and they behave differently, on software/OS side. It's even more evident when companies deploy multiple OS'es on multiple machines, all exactly same of course, installed as single admin-controlled installation, but after few days each computer needs different tweaks to work normally.

8. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia