Windows 10 1511 and Nvidia drivers sfc corrupt system files.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Nov 16, 2015.

1. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    What a weird thing to obsess over. You know exactly what's "corrupt" and why it's registering as such and that it's nothing to be worried about. And yet...

2. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I got nothing wrong with the scan either.

3. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    What's up with these unusual posts... This place might be definitely changing from what it used to be.

From a collaboration to understanding the issue, from hearing what works and what doesn't and from understanding what works for some and not for others.

It's now about, "it's your system, you're doing something wrong, or be cool with the errors, it's okay"

Anyway cheers

4. Ache

Ache New Member

GPU:
    GTX 770
    The correct fix will be to remove wrongly installed Microsoft wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_3dae054b56911c22 update (RemoteFX Display driver which contains opencl.dll with reduced functionality, which overwrites correct Nvidia \SysWoW64\opencl.dll on attempt of DISM recover from install.wim) from WinSxS (which is 32bit counterpart of their amd64_rdvgwddmdx11.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_5fcf2a87752df0d7 64bit update, later one is inactive and does no harm). But I know no tool for correct selective remove of specific directory from WinSxS. Manual removing this directory damages internal structures, I already try that.

5. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Maybe speculation, but it's posible that since win 10 1511 is newer than 358.91 drivers, the opencl gets overwritten.

Has anyone encountered the same issue with 359.00?

6. Ache

Ache New Member

GPU:
    GTX 770
    1) No. Microsoft installs stripped down 27kb opencl.dll with reduced functionality for their RemoteFX display driver (versus full 103kb Nvidia opencl.dll).
    2) Yes.

7. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    I'm having the same opencl.dll is corrupt "issue" after clean install of Windows 10 Pro v1511 and latest 359.00 driver.

From what I understand it happens because nvidia rewrites both windows files and windows can't restore the old one so technically file is not really corrupt, it's just a hash mismatch, and therefore harmless. Correct me if I'm wrong.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Mine is using 84,5KB file V2.0.2, I think its from Intel igpu driver part (using it for quicksync).. And its always this file, even after fresh nvidia driver install or after DISM // sfc scannow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll just ignore it for now..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  9. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX980ti
    I just have no luck, no matter whichever image I try. Always source file not found.

10. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    Hmm i did couple testst tryed win 10 pro and home Non of them have corrupt file issue dosent matter if that clean install or upgrade with nvidia drivers. so no issues here with it.

MS made call back with latest build they removed tools and isos from dl

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    for now they only want people to upgrade through windows update.

I think I understand why as more people was downloading the iso and doing clean install then actually upgrading through windows update.

they can monitor upgrade through windows update.

12. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    but how to explain this because 10240 iso tools are everything back instead 10586

13. timo39

timo39 New Member

GPU:
    msi 4 gb gtx 980

Can you please look into my SFCdetail file please? And tell me how I fix this issue?

I cant put links into the post yet...

Ill send it private

Please I reinstalled my system 4x...

14. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II
    And did you use the same source to install those 4x?

I solved my SFC issue by using a DVD/RW instead of a USB disk. Seriously, it worked.

15. timo39

timo39 New Member

GPU:
    msi 4 gb gtx 980
    The fourth time i used an image burned on USB stick. But did you had the same opencl.dll problem as i got?

16. ElectronSpider

ElectronSpider Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 660 OC 2GB
    I am not having issues with my Windows 10586 install (all the programs I run seem to run fine), but I do get SFC errors and DISM does not seem to find my source file even after mounting the Windows 10 Pro ISO file (uses virtual drive F: for me) I do the following:

1. Run CMD as admin
    2. "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:F:\sources\Install.ESD:1 /limitaccess" without quotes

It seems DISM can not find the source file though:

Why does DISM not find source files? Do I have to change the index number? I double-checked the drive letter Windows assigns when I mount the 10586 ISO. The ISO I used is the same I used to upgrade to 10586 (media creation tool). I only have ESD files not WIM.

Edit------------------------------------------
    After researching the problem it seems doing a in-place upgrade (repair) should fix the sfc error issues. I will report back if the sfc /scannow and dism report clean using the in-place upgrade.

Solved:
    I can confirm after doing a in-place upgrade repair of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit that before I reinstalled the Geforce Driver 358.91 the sfc /scannow reported no Windows integrity violations. After I reinstalled the Geforce Driver 358.91 the cbs.log reported a integrity violation with opencl.dll. Therefore, the integrity violations can only be fixed by Microsoft to ignore the opencl.dll being overwrittened so, the violation can be ignored.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  17. nullack

nullack Member

GPU:
    Titan
    Yep when SFC fails dism will fix it

18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Just a heads up guys:

there are reports that KB3124262 has fixed the opencl.dll overwriting when you do a sfc scan.

19. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Excellent!

i'll test it soon after Tomb Raider.

EDIT**

The best statement of this game is as "Spraying perfume on a pig"

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The OpenCL.dll SFC corruption was fixed for me with an earlier cumulative update as I run sfc /scannow weekly and have not had any error reports for well over a month now. I am running Windows 10 Pro v1511 64-bit.