Windows 10 14393 Slows to a crawl for No reason

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by WhiskeyOmega, Nov 23, 2016.

1. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Ive been having this trouble on the i7 4930k build I have recently and cannot find any explanation for it at all. I will be a completely random thing ill be doing and the pc will just slow up to the point of being non-responsive.

I keep thinking its something to do with Deluge and seemed to only be slowing when I was uploading at more then 1MB/sec but I find myself waking up to a blank non-responsive screen sometimes with deluge not even running.

I have had a constant eye on Task Manager/Process Explorer and Event viewer and as far as they are concerned CPU,Memory,Disks,Ram and Network are all fine and nothing is taking anything up. If I try to reboot it will end up just stop all together and the only thing to do is hard reset it.

I recently ran the Tron script just to confirm it was nothing malicious but having reinstalled Windows 3 times and got exactly the same results I can only assume its either a program I run all the time or is windows base code itself being funny. Please find a DXDiag.txt output below. Any Suggestions?

please find a pastebin of my DXDIAG txt file output here. http://pastebin.com/Yr6sNNMP

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    If you've re-installed 3 times then that to me would scream hardware/drivers/overclocking/BIOS tbh.

Only issue I had with Windows 10 freezing was due to an older version of Core Temp - that proper screwed the OS.

3. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Did you install the latest Intel RST drivers? I used to have v12.9 before and had the exact same symptoms, randomly slowing down until it became unresponsive.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Try a different driver version for the network adapter?

Download new copies of all drivers?

5. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Ok updated my network adapter and Intel RST drivers just in case. The only way I can find out if this works is if it doesnt slow down anymore. What was strange was that it didnt happen for 3 days after I installed windows which made me think it was a program causing it but Ive had full days where it hasnt slowed down. Thanks for the help everyone

Edit: No updating drivers didn't work. Im going to try running stock clock on the cpu for a while and see if the problem comes back. I was just running a simple 1.25V 4.5ghz overclock. So I dont understand how this can be such a problem. Anyway I still have a problem I may give a insider build of windows a go and see if its just this build that has some issue.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  6. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    I would look into what apps or programs are running when the pc slows down....for us to help we need to at least see a screen shot of installed programs and task manager....other wise its really impossible for us to help.

7. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    ok. Ended up using Driver Booster to actually install updates as it seems Intel's website is next to useless for finding my drivers and Asus are insisting on installing the wrong drivers. Everytime I use intel's install it goes to install and I get unknown error.

Tried turning the cpu back to stock which didnt work.
    Here are 2 screenshots showing the running programs in Task Manager.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Crop and Resize screenshots?

9. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    lol direct links? Sorry didnt know they would end up like that on page.

10. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :D I thought my firefox was suddenly at 300% zoom

Check Windows for "Snipping Tool"

[​IMG]

You can highlight what you want to save as a screenshot

11. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Yea used IrFanView to downscale them to 720p
    Better?

12. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yep lol, but snipping tool will keep the part you want and not the entire screen, so task manager will be able to be bigger

13. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Yea but i wanted to show the icons and stuff anyway. just in case.

14. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Member Guru

GPU:
    :
    I had symptoms like this recently, where I was lucky to get to the desktop without it freezing first; even if I did it would only be minutes at best before the windows and soon the desktop became entirely unresponsive.
    In my case it was due to a poor drive connection. It might be worth checking power and data connections, maybe replace the SATA cables. Have you tried any drive scans?

15. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Yes scanned all drives. I will check the power and satas quickly though as they may have taken a whack with me trying to close the little door on the 900D when i managed to get all 3 sata power connections 1 2 3 down the ssds from 1 power lead but would stick out like a saw thumb. So i need to take them off and use 2 or more instead to get the door to close.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Does this happen with any other build of Windows 10?

Does this happen under Windows 8.1?

17. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Havent tried any others with this setup. Only windows 7 and it was fine but that was some time ago. I will try a insider build and see if that works.

18. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Updated to 14971 seems to have fixed it. now had 3 days not one freeze up.
    Thanks all for the help