1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window 7 Boot file Issue

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by nicks1222, Oct 15, 2018.

1. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    C:/windows/system32/driver/NGCx64/1610000.OF7/symefasI64.sys. It says the file is corrupt and will not repair it. I'm using my spare computer right now. what I don't understand is all I did was pull my headphone out of the audio jack and my computer just turns off and gets corrupt??

2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    well, if that file was in use and your PC went off, yes, this can happen..
    Pretty normal actually..
    If you copy something and cut the power, that file will likely be corrupted..

also, maybe teh audio input plug wasnt grounded?

i dont know, if you have win 7 64 bit and dont know where to get this file i could give you mine..
    im on win 7 64bit october update..

greetz

EDIT:
    i just took a look if i have this file..NOPE i dont have it. i dont even have an "driver" folder in system32, only an "drivers" folder...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  3. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    could I repair the file with oem disk?? I haven't tried that yet I just don't want to lose my game file's for starcraft 2 I put 2 years into that to start over. Also on the pc with corrupted file it still lets me access cmd is there away to delete something with the cmd and replace it with flash save file?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    not shure, it should i guess..
    also u might wanna DEINSTALL that symantec crap, that did cause it in the first place..

File name:
    SymEFASI64.sys
    Publisher:
    Symantec Corporation (signed and verified)
    Product:
    EFA
    Description:
    Symantec Extended File Attributes
    Version:

there are several threads out there concerning BSOD´s and crashes with that file and symantec..

can u boot in safe mode? and then try to uninstall the Symantec stuff?

greetz

5. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    Okay I will try that thanks for the info. when my computer turns on after the post it takes me to windows repair process it then takes about 2 mins and gives me the same error message but I will this time try to hit f8 to see it gives me different options like safe mode. I'm going to have to buy a cheap laptop because my spare computer is at my parents house and I'm not able to check to see the issue currently.

6. Katsoc

Katsoc New Member

GPU:
    RX480
    i checked my pc for it but i dont have it either. right click on ur drive then go to PROPERTIES then TOOLS an do error check it might fix it for u. or it can be a virus and u will have to use virus scanner to remove it

7. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    He CANT boot, so there is nothing to right click in windows..
    Lets just hope he can use the safe mode or the INstall DVD to fix it..

ether way, the File he is talking about belongs to Symantec security..

greetz

8. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    I deleted the file in NGCx64 though the system image search then restarted. It check disk for consistency and started to recover a lot files also orphan files for about 10 mins. After that it started to go to window load screen and stay there for 1 min and then flash blue screen with error codes but It so fast I can't even read them. It wasn't even given me the option to enter safe mode in tell deleting NGC file that was corrupt after that it loads safe mode but always stops at window\system32\drivers\disk.sys for a couple mins then it goes to the system repair screen.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  9. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    It lets me access the user administrator under repair file but not my main user nicks it has a password for nicks so I thought it was my login password I guess its not that.

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    argh, i did not say that you have to delete this *.sys file..I sayd, you better DEINSTALL that symantec software when you can, in safe mode or so..

i do not know if deleting that file would help you or make things worse...

Did you try teh repair dvd yet?
    Did the safe mode work?

not shure what you mean by that you can access it via an admin account, is that yours?
    If not did you try to login?

greetz

edit:

did you try this here:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-perform-a-startup-repair-in-windows-7-2626170

11. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    The file I deleted I saved on flash drive just in case it made it worse I've restored them.

The repair disk says it doesn't match my operation system and it can not repair it for that reason; It does give me an option to delete it or reformat it.

Safe mode goes to load all the save mode files and stops at window\system32\drivers\disk.sys for about 1 min and then freeze a follows up by saying windows can't start.

I have two logins the admin account its mine and my user nick account. I'm not able to login though.

12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    hmmm, what exact version of windows do you have?
    u might wanna try downloading an ISO that fits your system , burn it on an dvd or put it on an stick with RuFus and then it should match reconize your system..

maybe you have the wrong dvd or version of windows?

not shure, i cant do much from here.. :(

edit:

you can download teh ISO´s from Microsoft direct or if you dont find the links tehre, you can go here and read how to obtain an ISO..

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-7-sp1-media-refresh-download-links.60681/
    or here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
    or here:
    http://windowsiso.net/windows-7-iso/windows-7-download/

you will need teh same exact version that you used to install your windows..as far as i know..not shure if an updated ISO also works..

13. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    OS name windows 7 home premium
    Version was 6.1.7601 Service pack 1 build 7601

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    then get the same version from microsoft. you have to put in your license key and then you will get the iso. take the one that you need, 32 bit or 64bit, download the iso, use Rufus to make a bootable windows install dvd, and try to repair again like explained in that lifewire thread..

thats all i can say..I had also troubles but i now make live backups from my systemdrive each 3 days, so if something went wrong i can restore my backup easily..Using "AOMEI Backupper" free edition for it, its easy to use..
    U might wanna think about this also, since its way easyer to restore your system if something happened..

Use teh tutorial on lifewire and go to the Microsoft link, get your key ready and download the "RIGHT" ISO..Then i really hope you are getting somewhere..

best Luck :)

greetz

15. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    Is there a way to slow down the blue screen error message; I'm getting after the windows logo freezes and then flashes the blue screen so I can see the error code? Maybe the main reason my system restore point is not working is because its from a different computer restore point.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Press F8 before Windows starts booting (But after BIOS Post) and select "Disable automatic restart on system failure"

17. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    BetA likes this.
  18. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    "stop C0000021A Fatal System Error The verification of know DLL failed system process terminated unexpectedly with satus of 0XC0000020(0X0017cb90 0x00000000)" From my SDD.

Question about the flash whats a BCD

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    driver services are read only while loaded by the os.

something else has happened here, sounds like a head crash which means physical damage to the disk platter.

20. nicks1222

nicks1222 Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    It's SSD though there's a disk platter. I got that the windows 10 PE working thanks. I'm trying to use that lazesoft system recovery one click fix but it doesn't give me duration time, I sat there for an hour and the duration time doesn't say anything it says please wait and the finish box show's that I can click on it. sorry for not replying my job is keeping me
    busy.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018