Win7 and X-fi's decoder

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Iceforge, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Iceforge

Iceforge New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9600GT 512Mb
    Greetings everybody, usually I just lurk in the shadows reading threads but this time that didn't work.

I'm using a SB X-fi fatality extreme gamer (SB0460) and trying to get the decoder working, however no matter what driver, official or modded, I try I can't manage to get the decoder tab to appear.
    I had actually managed to make it work until yesterday downloading some files from a chinese site and putting them into System32/Data together with an older driver version, however this method gives me a weird problem, at first it works perfectly but it slowly gains more and more lag until it becomes noticeable after about 30 minutes, plugging the spdif connector in and out from the front panel solves the problem immediately, but that's troublesome especially during movies.
    Plus I can't get the control panel to recognize the dts/dd streams as it's stuck on "unknown signal" neither can I record in bit-perfect from the spdif-in, but that's not really important.

Could someone suggest me some driver that works without the annoying lag problem ? Or even better without using chinese voodoo ?

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
  3. Iceforge

Iceforge New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9600GT 512Mb
  4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You always will have some lag...making it useless for gaming and movies.
    IIRC, in Vista and Win7 the decoders on these cards were pretty much disable because of DRM. You may be able to get them to work again by hacking the drivers..etc but you still have to deal with the nasty lag.