[Win7 64-bit] random BSOD

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kyle6513, Dec 29, 2010.

1. kyle6513

kyle6513 Member

GPU:
    ATI(AMD) 5770 1GB
    That shall be a last ditch effort, I just restored from a system restore that was back when I was first installing the hardware and not having issues, lets see how it goes.

2. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    everything set to auto sounds pretty bad for memory.. At least increase the tRFC 55-70T would be for sure straight unless there's true memory error and tWR to around 8-12T would be pretty nice, speed will not go down, but it'll be hell a lot more stable.

usually anything 'automatic' is bad as some of these boards force the Memory Profiles while at 'Auto' and sometimes this just doesn't work.

3. kyle6513

kyle6513 Member

GPU:
    ATI(AMD) 5770 1GB
    well guys, guess what, I installed drivers 10.5 on a new windows 7 install and low and behold It works fine :p.
    Hate to say I told you so but...told you ;)

Thanks for your help anyway guys, now I need to back everything up D:

4. cristov

cristov New Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD6850 1GB
    Last time I have also installed new drivers (10.12). After installation everything was working normaly, after I have recived first BSOD. Error codes were different each time (most common was 0x1E). As my hardware was working fine before I was suspicious on those drivers. I have found that disabling all 3 AMD services helps. After disabling them I haven't got BSOD so far (even playing games for long hours).

5. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    Ram on auto can do alot of **** tbh, set manually!

6. Portuogral

Portuogral Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Yeah, that does seam to work all right.

From 10.1 to 10.10 I had no problems at all with BSODs.
    Then, with 10.11, start to get random BSODs. I narrowed the problem down to ATI Steam SDK 2. Uninstalled and BSOD went away.
    Now, with 10.12, BSODs come back. This time was not because OpenCL SDK... The odd things was that BSODs only occur in 3D applications only (i.e. games) and after turning on the monitor (after being turned off for a certain amount of minutes).
    I deactivated "AMD External Events Utility" service and problem went away... so far, that is. It has been a couple of days since get last BSOD.

7. sanel

sanel Member Guru

GPU:
    6850 Cycl 1gb @ 940, 1200
    i had similiar problem with my pc, always crashing at random times.. this had to do with my system beeing overclocked and a feature beeing enabled in Bios "AMD's Cool'n Quiet"

after i disabled it, didnt get any BSOD anymore after

8. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    Poor ATI always getting blamed for everything, including lack of technical experience, and I love how the smartest and most experienced users in this forum always get told "NO YOU'RE WRONG!" when they try to help. I say just tell them what they want to hear. "Yes it is ATI, they suck, your drivers caused all the problems, happy!?"

9. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    Hi guys.

I also had the problem of random reboots with the new ATI/AMD Catalyst 10.12 CCC2 drivers. It was driving me nuts but I uninstalled them, Driver Cleaners.net etc and reinstalled the normal Catalyst 10.12's and everything is fine again. It would seem ATI's new CCC2 is a little buggy lol.

Up to now I've never really had any issues with Catalyst drivers and I update every month. Lets hope it can be sussed out by the driver team as I do like to have the lastest drivers on my system.

10. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    Nope I spoke too soon. Even the old 10.12 CCC is crashing out my machine. Back to 10.11 for me I think.

[​IMG]

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080