1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win7 64 bit preview and 3dmark Vantage ID3D10Device::CreateVertexShader failed:...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by nfigot, Apr 9, 2009.

1. nfigot

nfigot Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 480 x 2 (SLI)
    Hello you know the drill - long time lurker....,

I know it is just preview and there are newer builds, but I've been running Win7 32bit and 64bit with a "do I want to upgrade" when the time comes approach.

I've been running Vista 32bit and tbh I seem to be the minority that actually likes it and so far I've really liked the Win7 preview.

My issue is that I'm left trying to decide between 32bit and 64bit and so far I can't get any drivers including 185.68 (though I get that error about a missing nvcpl.dll (or something like that) when I install them like somebody else mentioned in a thread here) to run 3dmark vantage in 64bit while it works fine with the 32bit preview.

I'll keep my XP when the time comes, but I'd like to replace my Vista32 with either Win7 64 or 32. I'd like to use all 4gb of my ram so my heart/head wants to go 64, but with nagging issues so far the 32bit flavor is seeming like a better way to go.

I have a 9800gx2 (yeah hush I bought it used from a friend for a price that made it a good deal)... and here is what I've gotten with every driver...

"ID3D10Device::CreateVertexShader failed: An invalid parameter was passed to the returning funciotn (E_INVALIDARG)"

The old internet search for a solution really hasn't found anything that has worked.

Any ideas?

thx in advance

Neil

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  3. nicklesss

nicklesss Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX480 / EK-FC480
    Download "OpenAL32.dll" and put it to installation folder of Vantage.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  4. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    sorry. I mistake.

5. nfigot

nfigot Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 480 x 2 (SLI)
    Good thought thx - but didn't work.

Come to think of it - I think I heard this before and tried it, but to be safe tried it again. I copied the file from my vista32 install for openal32.dll and put it into the 3dmarkvantage directory and same result.

Does anybody with 3dmarkvantage working on 64 bit win 7 preview have the version # of the dll they are using for openal32.dll. Maybe I need to find/use the same version of the dll?

Neil