Win10 2004: WDDM 2.7 Support

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Feb 26, 2020.

1. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 4GB
    Yeah, no settins with those. Like king2630, you need UWP version of Radeon Software, which you can get from windows store.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    as long as you have the uwp driver inf, you can force install it on any radeon package, much like you can with the software packages for realtek's uwp app.

3. Max

Max Member

GPU:
    R9 390X
    i mean there is no hardware sheduling settings, btw i manually updated that driver through device manager and uwp control got automatically installed aswell as uwp'ed radeon settings

4. king2630

king2630 New Member

GPU:
    HD630
    Hardware Scheduling was working with driver 27.20.1000.8009, can't remember exactly what prvw build was that, I think it was 19603.100;)

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Current public or insider AMD driver(s) does not utilize Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.

Krteq and Jackalito like this.
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    But will they going forward?

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Do AMD benefit from this much as NVIDIA does or do the existing GPU hardware scheduling already cover for most of these improvements would be my question but I suppose we'll see once a official WDDM 2.7 driver is out and the features and all that are final such as if the setting exists on AMD GPU's or not.

Plus whatever else the branch jump from 19.50.xx to 20.10.xx brings, going by the INF there's some settings tweaks but a few things are UVD/video related and same as the prior March 23rd driver (This one being dated April 1st.) that just looks to be stripped out for this particular distribution mode.

Some of the 19.4.1 profiles are also not part of the driver though the Resident Evil 3 Remake profile got added when compared against the atiapfxx.blb dump from the other WDDM 2.7 driver release.
    Rest would be in the driver code itself and I can't really get much from that.

EDIT: This from GCN 1.3 / GCN3 / GCN Gen3 and all the naming that got.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Core_Next
    (For what's available on this at least, changes in RDNA could also be a thing or newer changes in RDNA2 possibly but that's something we'll see.)

The Wave system (Warp on NVIDIA?) and how this executed and what it required does seem to have been a bit of a bottleneck and then RDNA improved the situation over GCN or generalizing it a bit but it's less bound by needing to be heavily threaded. :)

Just a part of the entire process but could be important for what benefits if any AMD has with this but we'll know soon enough I suppose now what 19041 / 20H1 / Vanadium 1 or whatever it was named is almost ready for release. :)
    (Well that and whenever AMD gets their WDDM 2.7 driver launched which could be sometime after the OS update itself goes live.)

EDIT: Mostly above my understanding anyway, bits and pieces from whitepapers, posts and projects like this.
    https://github.com/sebbbi/perftest

Interesting but kinda technical and complex, not something I could hope to understand in good detail though knowing some bits could be useful or just reading up a bit on how it works even if it's not going to amount to much for the most part.
    That and having the brain not immediately trim it out of memory first chance it gets, it tends to do like doing that sort of stuff during sleep and such. :p
    (This dumb thing done when you were a kid, never forget! This useful important info however, meh it's unneeded!)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    There is no reason not to :) but I can't say exactly when it will happen.

Jackalito likes this.
  9. biosdweller

biosdweller Member

GPU:
    Rx 580 8gb
    Please notify us when hardware scheduler is working, as of now, version 27.20.1002.34 doesn't support hw scheduler. a real shame, i hope amd releases a supported driver version before the official 2004 release.

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    tell me why you need it, you specific

Rambo likes this.

11. biosdweller

biosdweller Member

GPU:
    Rx 580 8gb
    what?

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Better average framerate I'd imagine possibly a good net gain overall if it works in all D3D12 titles without any issues and depending on how much AMD actually benefits from this, going by the 450.82 driver an the NVIDIA forum discussion it can be pretty useful but a full comparison for both NVIDIA and AMD would be needed to find exactly how big of a gain this could be and some specific games that see bigger gains plus multiple runs to get the whole shader cache going and the RAM cache too for data and stuff so it doesn't impact results.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...er-preview-driver-450-82.431695/#post-5779929

No idea if it does anything for D3D11 though and I doubt it affects titles using Vulkan but I could be wrong because I'm still not 100% on what the actual changes are that the OS applies when this gets enabled. :)

13. St0RM53

St0RM53 Member

GPU:
    7970M
    Waiting for this to come out as well. I wonder how much it will help GCN cards as well due to hardware scheduling

14. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    ok

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    You obviously don't know anything then.....

ManofGod likes this.

16. biosdweller

biosdweller Member

GPU:
    Rx 580 8gb
    Pascal supports hw scheduler right? but hardware level shader model in those cards is still 5.0, so amd should support it.

17. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    Greetings to all of you. Spent so many days trying different drivers. In my experience
    have gone from using the display port ad hdmi and the problems on my graphics card, an XR 5700XT SE, have mitigated a lot . Achieved stability with the 27.20.1002.34 drivers and the HDMI 2.1 cables of the 3D club. Say this because before had HDMI cables, but not certified and not with that bandwidth .... Even in the initial loading of CAll of duty there are now far fewer stutters.Would say almost absent ...

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    pascal supports sm6/dx12

19. biosdweller

biosdweller Member

GPU:
    Rx 580 8gb
    No, i meant hardware level, technically amd gpus and pascal gpus support up to SM 6.4. But supposedly hw scheduler needs "hardware level" SM 6.3 to work, but if that were true, Pascal gpus wouldn't be able to use it and afaik, they are SM 5.0 in hardware level. I think only Ampere and maybe RDNA 2 will have native 6.5 support, which is a bundle of features afaik.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You misunderstand the precept of Shader Models.

toyo likes this.