Win 7 x64 BSOD

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by calpoly23, Sep 26, 2012.

1. calpoly23

calpoly23 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M (1GB)
    Hi everyone,

First time post, long time follower. Anyway, when trying to start ATT i get a BSOD. I have looked at other posts on the forums and tried to look at the minidump files but I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm curious as to if there have been any solutions since the other posts. I am able to have ATI tray tools work on the first run of the program right after the initial install, however after exiting ATT and trying to bring it up again causes the laptop to crash. From there on out whenever I try to start ATT i get a BSOD. Only starting ATT causes the BSOD, gaming/overclocking/switching graphics cards does not create a BSOD.

I have a HP Envy 15 with an i5-2450 Sandy Bridge processor. My video card drivers are AMD 6770m and i run a 64 bit windows 7 at the moment. If anyone has had this problem and could share some insight I'd really appreciate it, thanks guys

p.s. catalyst control center version and drivers are mobility 12.7 beta. I have not tried to uninstall CCC because I need it in order to switch (set it to manual) between my integrated graphics and discrete graphics card (need good battery life for school hence the need for switchable)