Win 7 eating ram?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by dcx_badass, Feb 13, 2010.

1. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    No, 700mb is used (adding up processes from all users), 13 is free, 1500 is cached, so that's still 800mb just totally missing.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Nothing wrong it seems to me, altho with 2gb this same windows was using 600-700mb (well i reinstalled). Minus opera 170mb usage, its 1gb :/.

Altho that 90mb svchost process its @@ (maybe its the shared connection,printer and desktop, but the other pc its off atm)

[​IMG]

btw the amount of ram "free" and not used neither cached could be because windows needs it, i mean, if you open a new APP, if the whole memory is full, you need to make space etc etc, which would make opening the APP slower, which destroys the objetive of superfetch (making apps open faster). So i guess windows has a x% memory free range.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. bettisfan

bettisfan Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 650 TI boost
    If your system, is not slowing down or getting lag then why worry about it? Windows 7 is rock solid. No complaints here at all

4. soldier1st

soldier1st Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4250
    dcx_badass: there is nothing wrong it's just vista/7 handle memory a bit differently then xp, if your wondering how much is avilible then look at the availible part(thats how much is availible for your use)the rest you don't need to worry about.