1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

win 2k lock ups

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by scap, Jun 25, 2001.

1. scap

scap Guest

my win 2k hates me i have reformated my hard drive and reinstall 2k every day for the last four days. win just locks up on me randomly and not in long time span but short ones like every 2 hours or less. i have no clue what started this. i didn't add or install anything new when this happened i just tried to come back to windows from linux which worked fine. any ideals??

2. WeaZel

WeaZel Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by scap:<br>
    <b>my win 2k hates me i have reformated my hard drive and reinstall 2k every day for the last four days. win just locks up on me randomly and not in long time span but short ones like every 2 hours or less. i have no clue what started this. i didn't add or install anything new when this happened i just tried to come back to windows from linux which worked fine. any ideals??</b><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><br>
    i've said this a million times ......get the latest software for EVERYTHING....3d-card to mouse. I had problems with win2k..know what it was..my mouse software.<br>

3. scap

scap Guest

well i figured it out everthing was useing irq 11 however the thing to change it was lock in the device manager prolly because i use a pirated bootable copy of win 2k so i went back to doing it the long way with my boot disk and what not and reinstalled my origonal version non priated software and bingo no irq sharing at all

4. Aris

Aris Master Guru

GPU:
    Prolink(Pixelview) Nvidia 5900
    Win2k support acpi bios functions so if you have such an option enable it I found that win2k works better with it enabled