Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Sep 2, 2020.
More people gonna buy the 3090 than the 3070. That's the guru3d spirit lads
Still sitting on an original 1070, time to upgrade to then 3070 for me, also Ryzen 4000
Actually screw it, I don't care what might come out later. I'll buy RTX 3080 FE since it seems to have passive mode. 12-core Ryzen 4000 build later this year.
I just got a 2070S from my old 1070 which was a nicer performance increase than I expected (thanks stimulus check) so I probably won’t get a 3K card.
Go for a 3080
Yep, waiting for Ryzen 4000 as well.
I'm not decided now what to get, mind telling me get 3080 makes sense, heart telling me get 3090 hahaha
Friend just yesterday sold his Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix for £500 and I'm literally not looking to sell my RTX 2080Ti, it will be reused or paired with RTX 3xxx series
If I upgrade then maybe sometimes next year and hopefully then here will be Super version with bigger VRAM, 24GB of VRAM would help me in rendering, let's see
Hope this helps
I'm gonna pick up while we're waiting a 'Power Meter Plug Monitor' to measure exact watts my pc pulls from the wall.
They're only £12 odd, i've 'downclocked' my 10700k to 5ghz at 1.2v and plan to run a 3080 at stock on a 650w platinum.
RTX 3090 for me, will wait for reviews before deciding on whether to go for an FE or AIB card.
Interested in seeing how the cooler on the FE card does as I really like the look of it.
No doubt it'll be a 4k60fps monster, i'm a little worried about the 10gb on the 3080 so i may go evga and try step-up to something better within 3 months.
I am definitely upgrading to a 3070 card. I am probably going to go Zotac and get one of their smaller cards since I own one of those poorly designed X570 boards where they have the stupid chipset fan right in line with the 1st GPU slot. 2 ways of getting around it is either purchase a case that supports vertical GPU mounting or get a smaller card. And I am getting a smaller card.
Looking forward to the 3090, pass up the $1200.00 2080Ti ,my 1080Ti has served me well , will replace my second system 290 CFX .
3080 for me eventually (xmas 2021)
It's settled! I'm going for the 3080. If there comes a revised version in 6-12 months from now i can sell my 3080 and do a little upgrade.
Voted wait for RDNA2 but might get a 3000 card, simply by which is the better choice.
no I will buy ps5 first after that I will get new gpu and or new cpu to go with it.
Why not all 3? xD
Will be really interesting to see how difficult it will be to sell used 20xx series cards compared to 10xx. I can only imagine prices will take a big hit.
I was on ebay trying to get one just before 3k series released, then 2080ti were going for £800+
now £500 lol
great buy if you don't like RT imo.
Here’s the thing, if you get a 3080 now then 2-3 years down the road you can spend that extra saved money on a card that’s even better than the 3090.