Will TXAA be ported to other GPUs?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by consume, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Chade

Chade Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1080ti
    Please, my facts are straight as a ruler. It's a post process AA filter and it blurs just like FXAA.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/technology/Pages/morphological-aa.aspx

Amds own page even says:

Notice, it's "full scene anti-aliasing" as a post processing effect. Doesn't matter how much you want it not to be, it doesn't matter how many games you've played it with, it's just the same as FXAA dude. Here's an actual article comparing FXAA and MLAA. I'm still waiting for you to post some proof of your claim btw, so far all you've done is spout unfounded BS.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX470
    comparison... FXAA vs 2xAA (ingame AA)
    dont mind the bad rendering on the sides due to my missmatched monitors and how i have them setup with softth...

this is FXAA crap....look at the FPS bulls#it...jaggys all over the place too
    **useless oversized pic here**

and ingame AA... much better!..and nicer FPS....less jaggys especially on the wires...
    **useless oversized pic here**

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  3. draegunstrife

draegunstrife Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    http://www.iry oku.com/smaa/

(remove space)

go there, download the pdf, read page 14. It will show you the supported features for a selection of filter-based anti-aliasing techniques.

In short, depending on the type of MLAA used, sharpness preservation ranges from low to high.

4. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    That's not FXAA, that's no AA whatsoever.

5. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX470
    thats what im starting to think!..but i dont get why the fps is so low!..
    fxaa forced in game profile..maybe its not activating...ill try enabling it globally
    ..could also be softth screwin me up

6. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Yeah. FXAA apparently has severe issues with 3DTV play also.

7. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX470
    tested workin in single head... cant seem to grab a screenshot tho..just get a black screen!..
    but anyways FXAA does indeed run better than 2xAA but the blur factor kills it for me.. 93fps with FXAA on globally (single head resolution)..
    83fps with 2xAA ingame..
    so fxaa is faster and a little better at smoothing out the jaggys..but..im not going back to single head...and the blur isnt worth it imo