Will there be a 3080 Ti?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by 13thCaesar, Oct 24, 2020.

1. 13thCaesar

13thCaesar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti
    So that's the big question in my book, it's the reason why I didn't get a 3080.
    I'm guessing Nvidia are waiting to see what AMD can produce with Navi and they'll go from there but I'm guessing if there is going to be a 3080 Ti release it won't be until after March next year.

Remember there was all that pre-hype about a 80Ti coming out before the big release but it never happened.

Thoughts on this subject?

2. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    the refresh on 7nm will be the 3080 /70 super or TI.
    Be a very long wait though.

3. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    It will be at least 1 year before they decide to do a refresh. They already have a hard time meeting current demand for the 3080 cards, let alone produce a new version.
    Then they recently said the 20GB models are cancelled. As in, not on our scheduling board.
    So yeah, a very long wait.
    On a side note, I wouldn't think it to be impossible that this refresh rumour was leaked intentionally, to avoid massive orders for the current line up.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its canceled.

5. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    No, we will get a 40 series on 7nm EUV next year after they get their asses handed to them by AMD's Big Navi.