Will Next Gen Consoles be more powerful then PC on launch

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    GPU ATi-AMD by PS4 is a bit or as faster than or as my GTX 480 but not most games because my i5-2500K is faster than CPU AMD by PS4. :p

2. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    My concern is that stupid devs hear this, then it takes them towards the end of that console generation to see that PC is still relevant.

Fck PS4 and Xbox720 , I really hope it blows up when you press the ON button or runs at a 30FPS cap :backfire:

Really?!

And is it true that the DDR5 memory is no better then current PC DDR3? Has REAL DDR5 even been invented yet? Heard they are still working on DDR4 FFS.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  3. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    CPU performance is more important than RAM but RAM performance is for loading (heavy) models, polygons... time. ;)

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    DRAM speed isn't that important since system ram is just a holding area for data which gets fed to the framebuffer.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

5. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB

I'd take that bet. It's already one of the most demanding game available. Sure, they probably could have made a few improvements but they'd still need to keep it playable. They still need to cater to the average gaming PC and that's a far cry from tri sli 580's.

6. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    So the Xbox One will not really have a true 8 core processor...hmm

What do lad think about the specs?

I fcking hope Fifa 14 Next Gen comes to PC!

7. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I think the real question is... when will developers use the next gen console to their absolute maximum? And that time is no where within the first year after release I can assure you.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It will take a few years, early 360 games and recent ones have drastic differences except anomalies like Aliens.

What do you mean by not true 8 cores? It says 2 modules with 4 cores each :-S Unless you're comparing it with something like the Q6600 which was like two dual cores stuck together?

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  9. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    To be honest really i am not that impressed with the Xbox One. The thing is running 3 OS's as according to Microsoft. Anyone think that this might affect porting to PC Games? I wonder if the PC will be able to match up with the new releases of the Next Gen consoles.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Who knows, but i doubt it will make it any worse than with the 360

I didn't see it all, but did they explain why was it not 3 OS's, so one for gaming, one for net use and the other for media.

If it's something like that then it makes sense, i have two partitions, one for games and the other is an HTPC one as what is good for games isn't always ideal for movies/music and vice versa.

11. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Early days but by the looks of what we have seen so far I reckon with relative ease but let us wait until E3.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I watched the reveal on youtube, the xbox one is giant, bigger than the first xbox. Where do they expect people to fit this thing in a modern tv cabinet?

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    it's 2 stop it from overheating!

p.s yeah i just saw this as well.

14. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

Sure they don't have the overhead of the OS, they are refined PC's basically. But what people can not say anymore is that these devices are dedicated gaming machines. The Xbox One is too much like a media centre PC as it has all these other features and functions, gaming is by far the last things on their mind. Sony has the more powerful console with 50% more raw shader horse power under the hood (768 SP's @ 800MHz for the One, and 1156 SP's @ 800MHz in the PS4). Also compare the throughput of the PS4 which has more bandwidth than the One does at 176BG/s compared to 68GB/s in the One. THAT is the talking point about these consoles, they have a massive amount of bandwidth between the GPU and CPU as they are on the same die. This could lead to some great things, will it come close to a Core i7 3970X @ 4.8GHz with Four TITAN's? of course not. Will the consoles have great games and exclusives and look great when compared to current consoles, 100% yes. Will it come close to mid range PC's with a GTX660ti/HD7870 and a Core i3/5 very possibly with the right tweaking.

People still need to learn that no one develops games for just one PC specification. Heck, my girlfriends parents have only just gotten a Core i3 system but it still runs off the IGP before that they had a Pentium 4.

If a developing company built their own PC spec, then developed a game for that hardware in mind they could get a ridiculous amount of horse power out of even the mid range PC spec. But the fact is that's not the case with PC's as doing this would alienate 99% of the market base.

Stop comparing apples and tables... yes APPLES AND TABLES they are two completely different things. PC's will always win, because new hardware will be out in 6 months, and current high end hardware STILL pisses all over next gen consoles (ie HD7970,HD7950, GTX670, GTX680, TITAN, GTX690, HD7990).

17. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    I can only think that the reason these companies and people are coming out with these statements is that their scared of what PC gaming is doing at the moment what with Steam doing so well, free to play, good quality indie games, PC games in general being much cheaper than console games, etc, etc.
    Its like their spouting all this BS to keep the console crowd happy and blind to other options out there.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Who says thats not the case?

Hardware only they will soon be a gen behind, but when it comes to software it's nowhere near as simple a comparison.

PC gaming still sufferers from optimisation issues and likely always will.
    Metro and Crysis are perfect examples recently, people with 2 Titans or 2-3 7970/680's and still having issues.

Until multi-platform games arrive, we won't know for sure which is the most capable.

19. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Someone all ready beat you to the punch. Anyway that EA executive is full of crap. There is no way that the X-box-one nor the PS4 is more power full than the top of the line Gaming rig with 2 Titans or 2 7970s in your rig and with the Haswell CPUs coming out and with the right cooling can get between 6.5-7.0GHZ (i7s) OC'ed and with 16gb+ of ram. Also with the 7xx series and what ever AMD is pushing out there is no way you can compete with that. I bet my next rig that I get will demolish the xbox-one and the PS4.