will DX11 be another DX10 ??

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nelsonica2007, Jan 22, 2010.

1. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    :bang: I hope that DX11 will not be another DX10 : nothing special for the end user ! I play dirt2 with DX11 and please belive me that i can not say there is a difference between dx11 and dx9 in the game :(
    I hope that AVP2 will be better with DX11 but thy released the specs to run the game and you don`t need a good computer to run it, again the consoles do their dirty job :(
    Do you have to wait until Crysis2 to get a proper DX11 game??
    where are all the games that really use new hardware? Nvidia will release the new Fermi cards and there is nothing to trow at them :(

i played Crysis and Warhed so many times ........

2. Avefenix

Avefenix Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX
    yes it will be...
    Like we will see Raytracing in dx12!!!

3. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    has anyone thought that subtle differences can make all the difference. if you want to emulate real life then you need that extra level of granularity whether it makes a huge difference or not it still is important for that perceived realism things your brain processes that perhaps your conscious mind takes for granted.

hence dx11 is important :)

4. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    DX10 flopped because half the world refuses to get Vista because of "the bad things they heard" about it instead of actually using it. Microsoft fooled those noobs, and now Windows7 is getting into more homes with every new desktop/laptop and hopefully DX11 will take off because the user base is already there.

You seriously cant tell the difference from DX9 and 11 in Dirt2? Theres nothing special about AVP's graphics.

5. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    uhm hate to say it but vista still sucked it had tons bugs and stuff wich are fixed in windows 7 so you cant fool anyone by saying windows 7 is just vista cous its not.

6. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    there is a visual difference with DX11 in dirt2 but not a lot... i would compare it like bioshock with dx9 and dx10. with dx10 there was better looking smoke ...
    I want DX11 to be very good but when? If they tell me that a game has DX11 the difference should be like in the heaven benchmark where DX11 really shines !!

7. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    No it won't, DX10 was a failure, I own 6 DX10 games, and most of them hardly count, bioshock DX10?????, really????, there was almost no change.

But tesselation has support right from the start, it is easier for developers to make games using DX11 as aposed to DX10, and tesselation is sexy.

There are 3 DX11 games this year that are on my to-buy list, and there will likely be more announced. So over all, in the span of DX11's lifespan, there will be many many times more games than there ever was for DX10.

Factor in that the next gen of console's will be using DX11, and that means that we'll be getting DX11 multiplats for the next 10 years.

Plus DX11 increases multicore support with existing DX10 hardware for DX10 apps, so it's already doing it's work well.

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    DX11 will definitely make a difference and no .. it will not be another DX10. The new shaders, dx compute, tesselation and the wide adoption for Windows 7 are going to make that happen.

It's said above already, all little changes accumulated make a big difference in the end. It took many months before DX9 was widely adopted in games as well, and that will happen with DX11 as well. I've spoken to many game developers and really they are all craving DX11.

Patience is a virtue

:nerd:

9. Avefenix

Avefenix Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX
    We had patience with directx 10 and did we find? nothing, just a crysis unplayable with nice fps lol...

And now they are selling raytracing? but it is just into the architecture, it doesnt means, that we will see games with raytracing in real time.. it will be for dx12

The unique nice we have is windows 7... just waiting, but this story is similar (just sell dx11)

10. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    ahaha, yes ray tracing will be in dx12...thats a good one. You realise that they can do ray tracing with any API, just at <1 frame per second depending on the image, GPUS will not have power enough for that for 10 years, but even so, there are cheating methods that do it a lot more efficiently and by then they will provide similar results, there is no need for it, i'd rather better graphics overall than ray tracing

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    if you say this, from now on i changed my mind...Dx11 is GOOD. lol to simple vocabulary :S

12. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GT210 0.5/1680x1050
    Well it's not like that either. Actually win7 is a geta away from the imge of Vista, but you can calmly call it Vista Servis Pack 2. Correct me if I am wrong. I used both of them.

Anyway. DX11 is not DX10, so it matters.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I hope Hilbert is right, time will tell in the end, for now though, I REALLY want to see what nvidia has to offer allready on the dx11 battlefield!

14. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    of course it will be, although the tech is new its still showing little difference over dx9 imo , unless you look really really hard.

i still remember the early release shots of dx9 and dx10 fsx , what a joke that was.

i guess gpu companies of got to sell new cards somehow , so this is all quite convienant for them.

in 2011 dx12 - will offer water drops on tree branches when it rains. hell yeh i must go buy a £500 gpu for that shizzle bc it soooo makes a difference.

15. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I don't know about you but I sure as hell want water drops on my digital leaves.

that will be around my 2 yearly GPU upgrade time :D

16. Avefenix

Avefenix Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX
    like i could say dx13,14 15 lol.. better graphics? i d prefer ray tracing in real time, but yes many years for it yet...

17. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    games makes dx important, not dx in itself...
    i personally havent seen any dx10 i like, probably because almost all dx10 are first person shooters(pfff)

Whats so special about dx11? Next gen oblivion will be on dx11?- lol.. sc2 with dx11? lol

18. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    I heard DX11 runs about 20% faster!

19. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Dirt2 DX11 is so much more clear than DX9.

Good comparison

here

20. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Consoles are marking the pace of the technical aspect of games. DX10 didn´t stick because almost all PC games had a console brother.
    So they just develop based on biggest base of hardware, DX9.
    So i guess the success of DX11 or 12 and so on will be set by the next consoles.