1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will a new CPU help?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bouf0010, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hemectu

Hemectu Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX465 SC -> 470 SC
    Check your MIN frame rate when running triFire. While it is true that your Max FPS will drop slightly because of the imperfections of scaling with 3 cards your min frames should be much more rock solid.

If your MIN Fps drops below Xfire that is when you should be looking for bottlenecks or driver issues. BC2 would be a good test as it will use more than 4 threads. So if you have 40 FPS with triFire and it stays at 40 fps even at the most graphically intense areas you are doing well.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    wow...first time I've seen someone say that Multi-GPU configs increase minimum frames and lower maximum frames.... Imperfections or not, maximum framerate should ALWAYS increase when adding another processor if said configuration is supported by the game or application.....

3. bouf0010

bouf0010 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX580 DCII SLI - H2O

thats what i was thinking too.... i put them up, lets see if anyone is interested.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338428

4. bouf0010

bouf0010 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX580 DCII SLI - H2O
    just to update i ended up buying another 5870, CF those and i still wasnt happy lol so i sold both 5870s and 5850s and picked up a GTX580 DirectCu II, ive never been happier with a single GPU solution!

5. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    You probably had possible driver issues something not setup correctly. Why did you add a 3rd card when you already had 5850's in crossfire?

Regardless, glad you're happy with your setup now.

6. bouf0010

bouf0010 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX580 DCII SLI - H2O
    well with 2 cards it ran great with some games and just terrible with others. When i couldnt use crossfire, a single 5850 wasnt enough and i know the 5870 isnt much of a step up but i was able to get it super cheap so i figure i would just give it a shot. turned out it wasnt enough either. So i sold all of them while I still could. Now I have the piece of mind of owning the fastest single GPU. Maybe in the future when i update my CPU and mobo ill be able to take advantage of SLI, but for now the 965BE is enough to run just one.