Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Also what sucks the one Zelda game that they are releasing for the system is Wind Waker HD. Also the reason that I'm getting a Wii-U is because of The new Smash bros game as well as many other titles. Another thing about the Wii-U that is a negative is the jerkeyness of some of the cut scenes of Arkham City. I saw this in a review of the Wii-U.

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Oh dear, another game bites the wii-u dust, although in this case it might be a blessing. lol

aliens-colonial-marines-for-wii-u-canceled

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yep, for sure, no loss, in the slightest.

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    what some of you need to understand is that the wii-u doesn't need those big "AAA" titles. it needs to get the usual nintendo games out there, but they actually have to be good. it was never about battlefield or CoD or any of that trash, it was about solid games.

just gotta hope that the developers deliver.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I disagree completely. While I don't play battlefield, cod or whatever army game is hot for 8 months until the 17th sequel, I think it's insanely important to have that stuff on your system. There's a wide range of people out there saying "I wouldn't mind playing zelda, but there's no way I'm buying something that doesn't get call of duty".

Nintendo's biggest issue for years has been lack of 3rd party support. Yes, they can sell a system for 1st party titles alone, but then why not just become a software developer and walk away from the console business? That's a lot of expense to simply keep your games on your machine.

bf/cod may be trash in our eyes but they are pivitol for consoles. One mans trash is another mans treasure as they say.

6. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Nintendo R&D makes like one, maybe two games per year. They are generally VERY high quality, but you can't sustain a console with just that.

The fact the Wii U isn't even getting multiplatform titles now is simply going to reenforce to developers that the Wii U isn't worth the investment.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Dare I say, I don't think Nintendo has the powerhouse name it once did, either. First party games from them on Nintendo, Snes and n64 seem to have had a bigger impact on the industry vs. gc/wii

Zelda isn't selling a system soley on it's own like say, Ocarina did for n64.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well it seems Nintendo have found a unique way to try and gently push all those lovely wii owners over to the Wii-U, no not a worldwide price cut, that would be silly, no they have opted to close down some online features of the wii.

Although they will keep the wii store to show just how much they really DO value their userbase, so sorry for taking stuff away from your experience, but keep buying will you please. lol

-nintendo-shutting-down-wii-channels-and-online-services

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Because those channels were so crucial and integral to the wii experience.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Be they cruicial or not, they were part of the system, however frivolous they were, so i have no doubt some wii users will not be happy, just look at the amount of people on the internet hurling themselves off virtual cliff edges over that singstar icon on the PS3. lol

11. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Screw you Nintendo! They might as well stop selling the regular Wii then. No point in getting that. When i start up my Wii, i normally check the news channel or flrecast channel. Both were like the first being released. Ofc they will keep the shop online, to buy crap on a castrated system. If only your purchases were account bound and not system bound.

Really becoming sick of Nintendo and feel bad for getting that craptastic WiiBoo! Give us fakking games ready instead of Engrish lessons on the Nintendo Direct channel. Pfff

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    wii-u-left-out-of-another-major-sports-release-with-fifa 14

You would think by now Nintendo would know something has to be done, its getting silly now.

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im beginning to hate nintendo tbh. and its not a good tihing while i have a lot of good memories with them

14. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    So EA Sports has abandoned it? Its now officially the Dreamcast.

15. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Its like everybody is standing next to Nintendo shouting "Wii-u price cut and we will buy it", and all Nintendo are doing is standing with their fingers in their ears going "La la la la lal la la la cant hear you la la la la la la we rock la la la la la la la". lol

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    even with a price cut i would not get one right now. it doesnt have the games i want to play.
    tired of rehashes of old games as well btw.

19. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Because here's Nintendo's problem: They don't make that much on their SW anymore because they don't have significant amounts of third party support or many first party games. They also remember how they, at the end of the day, lost money on the Wii.

So they are doing what seems "obvious" as a response: Trying to make money on the hardware to cover their software losses.

Of course, this approach farther kills their SW. Thats obvious to us, but no to them. They don't realize that

A: They are going to lose money on the Wii U (that is indisputable at this point)

B: They can minimize their losses by lowering the price of the Wii U.

Again though, I expect Nintendo to go the way of SEGA.

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    It seems like anything Nintendo does with the Wii U at this point is too little, too late.