Wierd Sound Problems In Game.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by P4Power, May 20, 2006.

1. P4Power

P4Power Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x BFG 8800 GTX OC2 SLi
    I have two machines that make a high pitched scream through the speakers after playing a game for a few minutes. I thought it was my speakers, but my main gaming machine does not do it. Any help would be appreciated. I also checked the temps of the video cards and cpus and they are fine. Specs:

2.80GHz Pentium 4 400MHz FSB
    2GB of PC2100 RAM in Dual Channel
    ABIT IS7 i865PE
    Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller
    BFG GeForce 6800 OC 128MB
    Everest Info

2.80C GHz Pentium 4 HT 800MHz FSB
    2GB of PC3200 RAM in Dual Channel
    Shuttle AB60N i865PE
    Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB
    Everest Info

2. Advis

Advis Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    Got anything electronic that could be interfering with the speakers? Microwave? Phone? Bitching girlfriend? Or are they magnetically shielded?

3. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
    Try to upgrade your Ac97 codec drivers up to date. :)

Or try kxdrivers.

4. P4Power

P4Power Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x BFG 8800 GTX OC2 SLi
    Well, I just realized that it is coming from inside the computer. It is a beeping sound every couple of seconds. It only happens in-game, I logged the temps of my video card and cpu. The GPU never went above 75 degrees and the cpu never went over 40 degrees. This is on the 2.80C\6800GT machine. What could it be?

5. P4Power

P4Power Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x BFG 8800 GTX OC2 SLi
    I launched RTHDRIBL and opened the NV control panel to watch the temps, at 76 degrees both machines started beeping, I unchecked the notify it core temperature exceeds threshold and it still beeped. The 2.80C/6800 GT machine beeps internally, while the 2.80/6800 machine beeps through the speakers.

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Sound like you have a Temperature issue...Better get it fixed before you end up with a paper weight. Do you have cats or dogs? Sometimes their hair get caught in the intake and your system gets starved of air.. Crack the case open and have a look...

7. P4Power

P4Power Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x BFG 8800 GTX OC2 SLi
    I have been watching my temps and they are no different than before this started. This just started happening a couple of days ago. I bought a new speaker system and this has been going on ever since. The machines are completely dust free inside, anyway why would both of them start doing this at the same time?

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Definatley weird...Just the way you explained it it "seems" like a heat issue. Try gettin gupdate driver for your sound chips..also mute all the inputs on the soundcard like the line_in and mic-if your not using them, sometimes the inputs pick things up...

9. P4Power

P4Power Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x BFG 8800 GTX OC2 SLi
    I just installed NVTempLogger and it was set to alarm at 75 degrees. I am must be a real moron not to notice that. Thanks for the help.

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    SO it was a heat issue? I rest my case.