why won't CCC open with 9.5 drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by broken1, May 20, 2009.

1. broken1

broken1 Member

GPU:
    PNY Geforce FX 6800 Ultra
    I mean come on man.......

Nvidia.....right click....uninstall old driver
    reboot.
    Double click new driver you dloaded and saved to desktop

SHAMWOW..........improvements.

I'm sorry , but this is lame.

I'm not the only one that is having this......Google it. All you get is ?!?!?!?!?!?!

2. shaggeyman39

shaggeyman39 Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X 4850 705Clock 1150Mem
    guru3d driver sweeper in safe mode and update direct x

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    is your card mentioned in device manager ?
    it could be that the video driver isnt installed. you will have to manually install it then.

4. Fire_Stream_In

Fire_Stream_In New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 X2
    Heya, is your video card is Radeon or GeForce?, because your system details say it is GeForce...

5. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    You're the first person I've seen with this issue.9.5's+CCC working fine, here.And since it seems like you are using nvidia card I don't really get how you could even be having this "problem"?

Sounds kinda fanboy-ish to me.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Are there any errors displayed? Have you tried using "Restart Runtime" feature?

7. broken1

broken1 Member

GPU:
    sorry didn't mean to seem like a jerk in post..........

I have not updated my system specs...I have an ATI 3850 512 ram

I ran Driver Sweeper , but not in safe mode......

Games run like before.....but I would still like to use the CCC.....everything seems to be working fine except the CCC won't open

there was nothing Nvidia or ATI anywhere on this computer when I installed the 9.5 package.....even in the reg

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=767390

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Have you tried re-installing the .NET Framework, as the CCC needs that to run.

EDIT: ahh Win 7, probably already has the .NET built in.

9. broken1

broken1 Member

GPU:
    I have all the way to .NET 3.5 SP1 installed........

and thanks all for the replies......LOL I had to fiqure out what you meant by fanboy-ish....and no I'm not

10. vlada>>>

vlada>>> Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 3870 - 512VRAM
    I have the same problem, CCC won’t open… It’s says something like video adapter not recognizable or something like that, and also it offers to me advanced mode but nothing happens when I click on it…

I was uninstalled everything, also used sweeper in safe mode but that didn’t fix the problem.

So I was downgrade to 9.4 which is working fine!

Any ideas?

11. broken1

broken1 Member

GPU:
    I knew i wasn't crazy!!!!!!!!!

12. frappes

frappes New Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon x1600 Pro
    i had a similar problem during the installation of 9.5 . The error i got was about not finding a compatible video adapter. I cleared the old drivers with sweeper in safe mode and tried installing 9.5 but nothing happened. The thing is my system wouldnt allow me to roll back to 9.3 ( which i tried to re-install ). I tried manually installing the driver from 9.5 in order to try and install CCC on its own afterwards but at that moment it appeared that in the uncompressed files of 9.5 windows couldnt find drivers for x1600 pro, any ideas?

13. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    To all of you with this problem, what im about to say might not be the cause of youre problem, but it certainly does not help youre situation!

So, this is it, do not use Driver Sweeper with ATI drivers as there is a bug with Driver Sweeper that ruins youre ATI installation. So just dont use it, it should be enough to just UN-install the drivers from controlpanel using the ATI installation manager. I promise you, driver sweeper doesnt help you at all with ATI drivers as after reboot after uninstalling the drivers the normal way, driver sweeper does not find anything of ATI files. So trust me, or dont, but I wouldnt use DS for ATI.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    have you tried just installing the CCC on its own.

15. broken1

broken1 Member

GPU:
    yes......It does install correctly.........but then...its not there

I mean its there to click on........but won't open

ahhh
    I will wait till 9.6.....these work ok for me I just would like to be able to use the CCC

16. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    One thing i notice, installing XP ati drivers are more tricky than Vista. Vista drivers installs perfectly, my guess due to the manager software.

Anyways, if CCC don't open, use ATT.

17. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    Well it depends....didn't have any problems with the ATI drivers but when I tried updating my Nforce drivers my Windows 7 installation failed completly(as in used to crash on boot-up and had to reinstall the OS).
    As for the CCC is it me or is the startup time really slugish...especially if u haven't been using it in a while. I've seen or used the drivers on XP, Vista and 7 but they haven't fixed the slow performance.

18. foxX

foxX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56 AB OC
    i'm on windows server 2008 and every driver update results in CCC not opening unless doing it the right way.

here's what i do:
    install the new CCC+driver package on top of the previous one
    after the install is done, it doesn't ask for reboot, when CCC tries to start it complains no compatible adapter is found
    i go to device manager, and select the video adapter, right click, uninstall, don't tick the delete driver box
    after the uninstall is finished, i select action-scan for hardware changes, at which point win 2008 server properly detects the updated driver for the video card and i can run CCC w/o trouble, with the newest driver up and running

the system doesn't even need a reboot; after a reboot it works exactly as it should and as it did even before

19. vlada>>>

vlada>>> Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 3870 - 512VRAM
    This method didn’t work to me. I had also system crush in variation where I was installed 9.5 over the 9.4 directly, which should be the normal operation.

After tons of various problems which I had in other programs and even in the shell style and so on, I can just resume that Ati definitively sucks and my first extra money I’ll waste on some nice NVidia graphic card… Bah...