Why is everyone so terrible at Alien Swarm?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Skiddywinks, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I'm looking for some people to play AS with who aren't retarded. Anyone interested?

I'm sick of people doing more damage in FF than they do to aliens, not sealing important doors, running ahead on their own, running into hordes of parasites with a chainsaw, staying to kill every last alien, flaming their entire team with the flamethrower etc etc.

If anyone actually wants to take the game seriously, add me (Skiddywinks), and let's get to it!

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I was wondering the same thing. Even rank 3 people seem to be rather terrible. I haven't found one competent team to play an insane game with until recently.

3. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I had one decent game yesterday. Started off mediocre, but pulled it together really quickly. Was excellent fun. Now everyone I find is terrible.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Well it is still a new game. I was awful the first few games but I've gotten better. Not my game of choice anyway so I doubt I'll be spending a lot of time practicing but its an OK game.

5. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    First few games, fair enough. But most of these people have already promoted once or twice. And they suck.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    not everyone can be amazing at games

plus the 13 year old crowd

7. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    It's like this in most games, people run around like idiots (what are you dodging?!?) making covering them impossible and then they [insert game-specific noobism]. The consequences of having noobs (note: not newbies) on your team is just more apparent in a co-op game.

I've had a few decent games of Alien Swarm, it helps when you have someone good right next to you to game with though. Kicking players that consistently use chainsaw can help too, they are never team players and are healing sinks.

8. dechan

dechan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6870 1gb WF OC
    best part is when you play as medic and one of ur team mates gets a parasite for some reason they start running around when you try heal em and ofc, trying too run after that guy and try too heal lolz :O

<--dechan at steam, im normally up for "speed-runs" :p

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Well I could compare that to pretty much every game of L4D2 I have ever played online. Either some idiot rushes the safe room and then yells at the rest of us when we let him die for not playing as a team, or they are such a horrible shot they end up throwing fire bombs at the rest of the team.

There is no way of avoiding idiots unfortunately.

10. Symbiosis

Symbiosis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Ha Ha you have just posted what I wanted to say, I'll also add that I get fed up when I'm defending an area in L4D and some idiot decides to run infront of my line of fire and then gives me abuse for shooting them.....There is just to many "Rambo" types on multiplayer games these days.

11. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Yeh, this does my tits in. It's as if they can't see the continuous stream of lead leaving the barrel of my gun!

12. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    i finished the game on normal with 4mates, usually being 2 or 3. Nice game for mods, but the game itself its a little meh.

13. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    It's probably because the game is free, any idiot can try it.

14. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    That's why I play these kind of games with my RL friends. However we still have one dude that CONSTANTLY runs in front of me while I'm firing (and I'm always Wolfe so it's not like you can't notice the hail of bullets).

Side note: I'm making a level! Hoorah!

15. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    the aiming is pretty bad consider default sensitivity at 3. some parts of map are really dark and small. i also accidently shoot through noob teammates a lot.

16. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Playing with friends makes a big difference.
    But you can't blame players for what is inherently a difficult game..
    Many people are not used to FF.

17. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
  18. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Really, there is little excuse for FF. If the other player runs into your fire, fair enough, but it's really not that hard not to shoot your mates. Just don't go full auto unless there is no one even close to the direction you are aiming at.

Another one is not shooting at the same enemies. Easy way to get some FF. Unless it's a swarm and everyone is holding their ground. When on the move you should all be looking in different directions. People trying to get kills is what causes a lot of accidents.

It isn't a difficult game unless you are on insane. And if you are on insane, you shouldn't be an idiot.

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    looks like you're to perfect for this game. LOL

I played it 2-3 times and never had such issues..