Why I dont believe in aliens

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by alanm, Dec 14, 2020.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I actually do believe in extra-terrestrial life and that the universe is full of it. I just dont believe the aliens theories that apply to every damn thing that we dont have an answer to. And I dont believe they have visited us in spaceships.

And if they were to 'visit', the universe has probably trillions of other interesting spots they could choose from, and I would think they would 'prioritize' what and where to explore. We must be so full of ourselves if we think we're more special than everything else in the universe. :D

And if they did come here, why do we have to assume they will use spaceships or even be in physical form? We only seem to think in OUR terms of how WE would go about doing things. Aliens may do things entirely differently.

Maybe they would have developed beyond any technologies we could think of and mastered other areas of knowledge that are so far beyond our own that they dont need physical travel to explore far off places or planets such as our own. Maybe they could even project FTL conscious energies and be anywhere in an instant and know everything about the place they project to. Far fetched? Hey, nothing can be more far fetched than the existence of the universe. If it exists, ANYTHING is possible.

big ROBOT bill and Airbud like this.
  2. AuerX

AuerX Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX2070 OC
    I only believe in Jesus and Elvis.

velvetpainting_image5.jpg

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Ignore me as I dole out the popcorn for the upcoming replies.
    It will be a fun thread.

4. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    Intelligent aliens certainly exist.

Somewhere.
    Sometime.

Does that time coincide with our own time ? As in, aliens that exist exactly -right now- ? Well, we won't find out anytime soon, because light / electromagnetic waves / information takes so bloody long to travel through the universe. The place is just ... too big.

I guess if we survive for millions of years and expand through the galaxy, we'll eventually meet some, but right now, in our tiny corner of the galaxy, we're just a grain of sand at one side of a large black ocean ... there's just no way to see and know if someone is on another grain of sand at the other side of that ocean.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Not so much a grain of sand at the side of a large black ocean, but more a grain of sand at the side of a infinitely expanding universe, which we can say in words but our brains can't really comprehend the infinite size of the universe, so we think we will actually have a chance of meeting a alien race, i mean it's a nice thought and all but i suspect the human race will be long gone and the sun will have run out of fuel and took the solar system with it long before the chance of a alien space craft dropping on by for tea and probing................and what is it with humans and their fixation with their backsides. lol

6. Airbud

Airbud Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    dude, I got a buzz reading that!....Thanks!

big ROBOT bill and alanm like this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if you look into ancient hindu art and paintings, there is really suspicious depictions of men flying in the sky xD

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    We're not that interesting or, important.

They would pay us no more attention than the billions of people who walk past homeless people every day.

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    You could argue that humans are aliens.

Mannerheim and big ROBOT bill like this.
  10. Airbud

Airbud Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    Wrong!....they would land and come party with us!....humans on Earth are some really cool folks! plus, we got beer...:D

Loobyluggs likes this.

11. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    My favourite movie of all time is Mars Attacks

12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Thread title "Why I don't believe in Aliens"

First sentence: "I actually do believe in extra-terrestrial life and that the universe is full of it."

You're a sneaky one!

I do believe in extra terrestrial life too, but for me it might not be that they are so extremely advanced, but more of the whole riddley scott idea of aliens. Parasitic and what not. Who knows.

I saw your pyramid thread and I agree that we have lost a lot of knowledge of how the ancients accomplished things.

13. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
  14. Night Hope

Night Hope Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 8GB
    Problem is time. I think we have to find a way live forever alive. Maybe some resarch on cell for extend life next alive forever. We need alive forever clever minds like Tesla for step to space then universe.

15. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Let's wildly assume that intelligent alien life forms exists and visited us.
    Wouldn't be disgusted and disappointed with human race?

16. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix

Have you not see the scene from True Detective when Alexandra Daddario takes off her top? We at least have 1 redeemable quality.

anticupidon and Airbud like this.
  17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I only believe in Elvis and that´s because i have met him once. Really cool dude, very down to earth, and so talented. In the end he sing a little and it was mind blowing!:D

Just remembered, i also believe in Santa (Hilbert). Hope he remembers me this year and gives me a nice christmas present (GPU).

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Nothing lives forever. Not even a universe or black hole.

19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Deleted...wrong thread...