Why does everything come with a braided cable these days?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by miffywiffy, Oct 27, 2014.

1. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    I don't get it, what application does this serve? It isn't like on a Motorcycle where it helps against brake fade and actually has an application, it just seems like a weird vanity thing.

People say it acts as a shield from interference, but that is bull****, then you get claims that it is stronger and more resistant to damage............. what the **** are you doing to your peripherals? Mine sit in one place forever and the cables have no reason to wear down.

I don't get why every device has them? Personally, I cut them off because they fray, collect dust and just look ugly as a result.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Because they are more aerodynamic and maximized MPG either that or its protection so as not to damage the flux capacitor.

3. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 xc ultra
    I Like it personally. Its kind of an retro throwback to the days before plastics. seems less cheap. I'm assuming your talking about Razer products?

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i like the braided cable on my g502 its the first wired mouse i can tell i have wired attached to it, and by this i mean i feel no wire dragging like i did with all the other wired mouse i had.

5. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    I bought a Logitech G400s which doesn't have it and it is perfect, I've gone through various other mice which have them and hate them... it isn't like it adds performance lol. I don't like laser mice for a start, optical is so much better and the laser thing seems like more marketing bull**** with high DPI counts which you don't need.

Then I have a steelseries G7 keyboard which I had to cut that **** off with... it just frays and looks nasty, it doesn't do anything but make a cable more stiff and crap.

I've had loads of products with it, my old headset I had to cut off off as it split and the rubber was coming through...

It is ****!

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    my psu cables have nothing braided about them. Braided cables are durable though, that has to be said.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    the braiding on mouse cord is to protect the actual cord during use.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Maybe it's just me, but I like the braided cables, because it makes the insides of my rig look sleaker. Of course it's said to be of better arodynamics, better signal protection, and of course protects cables on peripherals during use, but seriously...

Has anybody had heat problems inside his rig that were solved with braided cables? Or got any real benefit in matters of signal loss from the mouse to the rig? Or a cable that actually broke because it was not braided? I doubt it, this still remains a purely optical choice for 99.9% of us.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    On a mouse it prevents the cable from getting snagged on desk corners and stuff like that.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Still never happened to me in all the years I used a mouse. The first thing failing always were the buttons.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Loose wires look messier, unprofessional, and give the PSU a look of cheapness. Braided looks neater and more marketable.