why do people hate mac so much

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by zoso_the_hippy, Apr 7, 2011.

1. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    now i agree with that one any sort of fanboy is crazy immature i mean i can see like something but bashing someone over there or your hard ware is stupid imo

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This.

I've dabbled with OSX on my pc quite a few times, it's not bad but I tend to get bored of it quickly.

3. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Hehe - seeing more and more Windows Laptops with battery life and screens to match. I guess its more market based appeal and as screen tech is becoming cheap quality improves.

My main gripe by far is the "fan boy" effect but that seems common place with most brands, shame :(

4. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    XCode is free and is the Apple equivalent of Microsoft Visual Studios

All POSIX compliant applications work on MacOS X as MacOS X is UNIX. So many Linux applications work on MacOS X, just simply recompile. There's also a lot of free applications for Mac users ... you wouldn't know that if you're not a Mac user.
    Blatantly wrong, you can customize how your Mac feels ... not as much as Windows but it's doable ... and only a handful of MacOS X applications are written by Apple.

This part is true, but you don't have to choose Apple if you don't want Apple hardware.
    Where did you get this "100%" price increase from?
    Most Mac users don't need a midrange tower ... consumers want all-in-ones and professionals want full towers.
    Ya, this one I can agree, a lol of Mac users are ignorant same with Windows users, I know a ton of Windows users who are just as ignorant.
    You can disable that in the Control Panel.

Most people who bash MacOS X have less than a day's worth of experience and they bash it because it's different. This is one huge gripe that I have with Windows users ... "if it's not familiar, it must be bad" is what I find. As an operating systems enthusiast, I really hate that thinking. I use Windows, MacOS X, Linux, and FreeBSD daily ... each have their pros and cons.

deltatux

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    and...

There, that's why I hate Apple products.

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I heard that XCode is something you can live with, but if you get option, you will want to go with MSVS.

I'll try that XCode more (did check it when I had OSX installed as Virtual PC) next week (roommate has Sandy Bridge Macbook, I'll check with that).

"Doable", it only needs one thing which you cant change to make some people angry. Some goes to other OS's ofc.

Prolly those gpu upgrades, I remember seeing GTX285 at over 500€ when you were able to get it from shop under 250€. Also Prices of those older C2D laptops, they just will not drop the price even when PC is a year old, the price stays the same when they put upgraded models out ( I really do not like this).

I do think that there could be market for those. Faster hardware because of better cooling than in iMac. Prices I think might end up being about the same.

Think about someone who has a monitor and wants to buy a Mac, you end up paying for the monitor in that iMac which you would not have needed.

7. MLS

MLS Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD5850
    But I should have to click through 100 menus and accept no less than 30 increasingly alarmingly worded dialog boxen to enable something so obnoxious! :)

8. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung

hrhrhrhrhhrhrhrhrhrhrhr everytime i see my mothers boyfriend and his mac i cant help but laugh. warranty is retarded... price? if you dont want to buy a fully new mac your left with upgrades that cost half of what a new mac would cost in the first place... and we ALL know that the hardware inside macs right now is nothing else but standard trash that you have in your pc too.

technical support? try one of thise apple shops... oh my god retards sitting there doing... well nothing realy.

and last but not least... lets go to build quality. superior? in what way? you mean designer looks. well you can have that with pcs too. you know the downside? i rather have a piece of trash midi tower that will hold any hardware i want to put in for the next 20 years instead of a mac that once outdated is nothing more but a pile of trash. at least macs are somewhat smaller in general.

9. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    When I look around me I see 2 ipod touch devices, 2 macbook pro's, 2 iPhones and one iPod something. I'm typing this message on my pc btw.

I work with Apples and pc's everyday. Misses Atlas uses the macbook to do some ms office, Firefox, and email related stuff and she's very happy with it. When she's happy, I'm happy: no more questions on the most basic of things she would ask when she used an HP / MS Windows combination.

crushilista made a nice observation, albeit very narrowminded, about the people that use Mac's. So depending on who you ask you'll get a different opinion on them;

- Techies usually recommend to use a pc / laptop from any other brand and Hackintosh it
    - Designers love the mac look and the status that seem to go with them
    - Normal users just want a simple interface that works

The stuckup arrogant idiots will be stuckup arrogant idiots wheter they own a mac or not.

One thing I really like about the mac is out of the box SSH capabilties with terminal.app :)

One word about the customability, normal users don't cusomize much in their OS. Some backdrop picture and that's about it.

10. Wildthing1

Wildthing1 New Member

GPU:
    MSI 6950 2G
    PC's and Mac's Oh my....

I have been struggling to learn Mac OS (for work) for about 2 years now. Through work, I get Laptops from three major OEMs (Apple included). Some observations:

1. If you haven't used Apple OS picking it up coming from a lifetime of PC could be a frustrating experience. (I only stuck with it because I had to).

2. If you haven't ever used a PC based OS picking up Apple OS would be simple. It is a 'Friendlier' OS than Windows (My 'rents would love it.)

3. Apple's ARE higher quality hardware...that is immediately evident placing the Macbookpro next to anything else.

4. PC's are less expensive, highly configurable, larger software base...AND require more technical acuity to operate consistently. (Parents and non-Techno nerds have trouble with operation)

At the end of two years I have a top notch PC gaming system (That I LOVE) and a Macbook for the daily/basic stuff (e-mail/surfing/etc...). I agree with a comment earlier...."A true enthusiast would be capable on both platforms".

11. dirthurts

dirthurts Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    I like to build computers...why would I want an apple?
    The only thing I really like about mac is the shiny dock, but I have that via object dock...soooo....
    Pc for me. : )
    In my honest opinion, apple products are mid level pcs with fancy covers. That's really it.
    I don't hate Apple or Apple users, but there are those arrogant owners who think they're rocking the house. Why do they feel the need to mention their computer brand preference every time I meet one???
    I don't come up and say, hey I'm pc...and brag about my specs. seriously. If they only knew how low their specs are, they wouldn't brag so much. ha ha.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    There, fixed it. LOL

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Without reading the thread, I'm pretty sure that Bigtime posted in this at least once :D

edit: Aw I'm so sad he didn't!

14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    let´s see
    as a tech guy i fix laptops for daily bread...so from time to time a Apple lappy finds its way on my table....
    i can ´slice´ open a common laptop in a few minutes and be able to put it assemble it back without any trace ..but when it comes to Apple products,i take my time ,drink my iced tea and relax....EACH screw has its own particular place.there are so many little annoying things when you disassemble a MPB.....
    i admire the external/internal design,i sigh when i have to work on a Mac,its a love/hate relation
    but Mac OSX is not that bad...for me it is just another tool in my toolbox
    be able to use and find your way in Windows ,Linux,Mac it is a must as a tech guy
    my 2 cents

15. Ji1986

Ji1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI
    I just dont like apples UI. and i cant stand the way itunes works.

there is also limited customization on apple products.

its just how i feel.

but i hate to admit for your average person who just surfs the web and listen to music yes apple is great for that. but then the price is too high

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    had a chat with the official Mac tech guy from the Apple store...
    he sums it up like that

people nowadays are getting smart,buy many many more are getting dumber,so they want simple things,
    we charge a hell lot more for simplicity,and fools are paying top price for it ,,,why not some fools wear with pride their foolishness,so we give them pride and reap the benefits\
    wow,i said,if your boss hear that,you will be on the street ...
    no.he just thinks the same ,the mere social manners are holding him back from speak it loud

17. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Yep, pretty much seems to be just like that.

18. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    He was too scared to tell that he plays FPS games on a Mac with a pad :p

19. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    I'm a big Apple hater. Not because those machines are particularly bad, more because people who own one feel that they're better than any other computer users. Also because it's WAY overpriced for what it gives e.g. I could build a PC for 1k $ and the same components, sold by Apple in it's uber-cool-plastic case would cost me like 5k (or even more, I don't own any mac). I also have to point out that I could buy a cool case like this for a pc, just without the little apple on the top:p The most frustrating thing is that there are actually people who pay big $$$ for this little mark just to make their e-peen even bigger.

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Not true at all, link me to some stories regarding this.

Sorry, you have something wrong with your mind. You think someone is going to buy a $hlTcar and max it out with a 1000bhp 12cylinder 6liter engine and have the exterior rusted and interior ratty? People pay for looks of cars and computers, keep your stupid opinion that makes zero sense to yourself please

All devices become faulty. Thats life.

Dont use it than.

This is all opinion. I Am an apple user, you must be saying we are all stupid :wanker:

You are a very good example of a Windows fanboy :biggun: