1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do people hate mac so much

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by zoso_the_hippy, Apr 7, 2011.

1. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Overpriced junk with very little software to choose from, that's apple for you...lol

2. Hemectu

Hemectu Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX465 SC -> 470 SC
    Mac's have their uses. I view it as this "you buy a Mac for what it can do", "you build a PC (rig) for what you can do with it".

Just different tools for different jobs.

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Kinda off topic, but most of my buddies are Andriod people and some of them make apps for that OS. One time at a house party, there was only one guy with an iPhone and he got put on the spot ahaha

4. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    Too expensive.

5. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980Ti
    I don't hate Mac, I just like the freedom my pc gives me be it software or hardware.

And Android FTW!!11! :nerd:

6. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 670GTX 4GB OC
    The reason why some PC people may hate MACs are the same reason why they hate consoles: They can't customize it and make it their own.

7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Three reasons:

The People

Most of the people that buy it are stuck up hipsters that look up cool underground bands in coffee shops. They feel superiority by going against the grain, and that pisses me off. I hate ****ing hipsters (Although I have nothing against indie anything).

The Price

I've heard stories of people building the exact same quality of computer for 1900 dollars cheaper, just by installing the OS only from Mac. That's ridiculous. Their prices are nowhere near their goods.

Marketing

The idiotic commercials where they say either tried to tear Windows limb from limb, or just stated something totally ridiculous (Oh look, I come with a preinstalled webcam! No PC laptop can do that! All of our parts come from one company, so you know it works better than separate pieces do!). Not just this, but the fact that they withhold good additions to their products so they can add on to them for money later on.

The only thing I like about Apple is their iPods. Even then I stick with one version.

8. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Not really, you could go "hackintosh". Not to argue, but you sort of can customize the Mac experience, at least the OS part of it.

I do think that Apple's marketing does over-rate their product to an extent, but for the most part they are capable of what they claim, save exaggerated security claims. I just wish MS would stop pumping out revisions/improved-versions of Windows NT, or version 6 which is Windows 7 basically. Anyway I think Apple is a company with a great software platform, I just wish they would tone down the boasting a little, even Darwin/OS X and the mach_kernel have their limitations.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  9. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    Me personally, I just don't like OSx. I have tried it, built hackingtosh's myself, going to build another for my girl to use cause she grew up on macs, her dad loves apple products. I think most of them are just cut short honestly. My pc can do ANYTHING a mac can do and more. Has higher quality parts with less cost. So really theres just no point in buying a mac/apple product. Ie Iphone..theres a better phone out then iphone so i went that route and prefer the android devices. For a "ipad" device..once again id go with an android tab.

Basically to put it simple. Apple products while very nice in design and some quality to back it they just come up short in every device. Theres always something out there that is cheaper and can do more. I dont want limits on my phone/computer/ipad and theres limits on all of those which an android or windows system can do. So why spend more to do less? Thats just my opinion on it, however i did give it a shot on multiple setups and haven't enjoyed the experience. It was pretty responsive(8 core mac pro setup on 30" lcd) but still just not my cup of tea.

10. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    The weird thing is at the time I bought my Macbook it was actually the same price as the similarly specced Dell model. Both with core 2 duo's, 2Gb ram and similar sized hard drives. The Macbook had a higher resolution screen and nicer keyboard so it really wasn't a tough decision for me. And as Deltatux stated, I wanted to get to know a different system. OSX is very different to Windows so it was good for me to try it out.

Will my next laptop be a Mac? Maybe not, but I'm going to hang on to the one I've got for as long as it's useful.

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    The last time I checked the Mac store like 1 month ago the closest thing to the performance/parts of my PC was something like $6700. That's absolutely absurd, and the video card in it was something weaker too, 5870 or something. That was just the PC, no monitor or anything included.

12. MLS

MLS Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD5850
    1. Lack of a free and mature development platform.

2. Lack of the wealth of quality free applications on the PC (first two go hand in hand).

3. Lack of customizability of almost everything about OSX and almost every application developed by Apple.

4. Hardware vendor lock in.

5. The 100% price increase on anything that's 'for Mac'.

6. Lack of a midrange tower.

7. Its vocal snobby minority userbase.

and the biggest thing I hate about Mac..

8. Bouncing icons.

13. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I'm not a fan of Apple products in general, but that isn't enough for me to hate a company. I do however hate Apple fan boys, and all of the ridiculous attack ads Apple released, where they basically just slandered Windows while making no claims of their own achievements other than 'Were better than the other guys, because they're the embodiment of useless garbage.'.

14. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
  15. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    there is not a single thing I haven't beign able to do , software talking, with a Mac
    Im a IT user, I daily use several O.S. and HW, including Apple.

Life is not that simple.

apple , in financial terms, is bigger than Microsoft these days

It's a healthy company with a clear path on their products and technology

Like the post above, haters gonna hate , waste of time

there is no black and white in life, it's all grays ........

Whatever floats your boat, it's fine. All that is required to have a valid conclusion on what you buy or use is information, knowledge and common sense, the less common of the senses .....

Back in the days , human race used to hate what they couldn't understand

thank god we're evolving

16. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    The hate is from when they were ridiculously overpriced with limited capability. But these days they have really picked up their game, for everything aside from gaming, they are pretty good. i have no allegiance, i own multiple computers running windows, linux and i have my single mbp. I find it better than windows for programming, i find it better built than my dell laptop, and it has a awesome battery. Also, for the specs they aren't that far overpriced as they used to be.

As people have mentioned, Different tools for different jobs.

EDIT: The mac ads are also really stupid.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  17. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Yeah Apples build quality is usually very good so while the tech inside is not always up to snuff as far as PC's are concerned they are good machines. They do tend to add a premium though for their products which is a first stumbling block for most people.

Buy what you want to do a job at whatever price you can afford is the best thing, if you want apple then buy it otherwise don't. Never hate a company because others do, personal experience is what counts.

18. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
  19. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    My dad has got an 27" Core i7 iMac and he uses it in our livingroom. It's much more practical and looks much better than a PC with similar spec's. He is also a photographer and that is where the 27" becomes handy.

My dad gave me his "old" iMac 24" when he bought his current one. I use it for editing movies and browsing the web. I actually never found a similar software package that is comparable to Final Cut Studio.

Next to the iMac I also got my usual PC for all the other work (Office, games, etc.). I think it is a perfect combination. :)

20. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    I dont hate mac's.. i hate the stuck up dip **** im better than you mac users!!!!!