why do people hate mac so much

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by zoso_the_hippy, Apr 7, 2011.

1. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    hey guys hows it going before i seem like a apple fan boy please look at my system specs and know that i like pc hardware far better than mac.but i own 2 mac book pros one from 2 years ago and just bought a sandy bridge one:) in fact that's what i use to talk to my wife while working.the battery life is awesome and the screen is the best on any laptop i've seen yes i know there over price and Steve jobs seams a little a the ya know side :3eyes: but i really like apple products and have never had a problem with them:nerd: shoot even my screens I'm using are apple please don't start blasting me or thinking anything bad i apologize if this makes anyone angry take care -ZoSo

2. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
    Don't think most people hate Apple. Price is what holds them back more than anything. And the fact you can't go out and buy the latest gfx card and new game and play it. Looked into their screens and really like them but very equal screens can be bought for much less. And I traded my macbook for a dell I could use all my apps and progs on.

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    So you just...like battery life? Fair enough, it's like having a car with more MPG. The hybrid and all EV cost the most...

4. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
    lol......

5. zoso_the_hippy

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    yes and i like cars with more MPG but i also like Bugatti's(i wish i had onE) haha i'm no apple fan nor a pc fan bill gates steve jobs they put no in my pocket i like what is best for what i am doing at the time :)

6. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I don't hate Apple. I've had a Macbook for about 3 years and I use an iPod. I also own a beast of a PC and wouldn't trade it for the world. PC fanboys tend to get all bent out of shape about the price of apple gear but the fact is if you don't like it don't buy it.

Also most people in the world aren't gamers and being able to play casual flash games is as much gaming as they're ever going to do so it really doesn't come into account when making their decision on what gear to buy.

7. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    There's many factors to this, from a decade of looking at this issue (basically half my life), I boiled it down to these factors:
    • Fanboyism - Apple's marketing machine is so effective that there's a good chunk of Mac users who follow Apple religiously ... and I literally mean religiously, I know some.
    • Status - The majority of Apple users tend to be in a higher social and economic status than the bulk of "PC" users. It's all about the image. Mac users think they're trend setters and they're hip and cool. On the other spectrum, "PC" users look at Mac users as snobs and stuck-ups
    • Lack of Technical Knowledge - the bulk of Apple users are not technically savvy at all, hell MacOS X is so idiot proof, even an idiot can't break it (aside from hardware failures/bugs) and technical people get really annoyed. Many Mac users believe they have the world's most secure operating system due to Apple marketing.
    • Price - a lot of enthusiasts use this as their main reason why they hate Macs, it's the price. All the components are "priced so high", yes Macs do generally cost more than "PC"s but fact is that the chassis and hardware quality seems better on Macs ... yes, the innards are the same but personally, Apple makes one of the most durable laptops I've ever seen (aside from the ToughBook)
    • Pride - both sides hates each others' guts because of pride of the platform they own. They will defend their purchase no matter what (part of fanboyism really).

I've been following Apple since I was 8 years of age, always loved their products ... not so much after the PowerPC to Intel switch because it no longer technically differentiate a Mac and the PC. I do own a Macbook along with my desktop, it's my portable UNIX workstation (I have MacOS X and Linux Mint Debian Edition installed on it). I have stripped a good amount of "user-friendliness" I found useless like it's dull and uninformative boot screen, I rather look at the Mach kernel bootup messages.

Here's an example, my friend was trolling my Facebook status for no apparent reason:
    [​IMG]

Personally, the more experience with various hardware the better ... in my opinion, only real computer enthusiasts would try as many different computer components, designs, operating system they can get their hands on.

deltatux

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  8. zoso_the_hippy

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    exactly macbooks are awesome but pcs are much better for gaming why are people fans or have hatred of/towards hardware brands ?

9. zoso_the_hippy

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    great example brother and I'm sorry fanboyism is just down right stupid- ZoSo

10. jesse525

jesse525 Member

GPU:
    nvidia 570 HD
    i agree with deltatux if people are real enthusiasts they should learn both mac software and hardware.

you should remember thought pc are good for in area that mac's aren't good in and mac are good in area that pc's aren't good in.

i personal have a Macbook pro that i use for school and everyday stuff, and a desktop PC that i use just for gaming

Jesse

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    I think the high price is because of the superior build quality, technical support, and warranty. I actually like them alot

12. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    Foxcon does alot of the Apple builds...you know, where they tend to commit suicide.

Price is way to high compared to performance on most of their PC's.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Foxconn builds the PCB logic boards for Macs, that's about it. I will admit, there is a small price inflation, but Macs are built with high quality products, and design. Different cost from your standard PC build from say, dell. Mac pro's case is 100% thick brushed aluminum. It's pretty sturdy and heavy. It's not all about performance, it's also design. Apple really doesn't lower prices even though the hardware isn't the newest either, they keep about the same. Sandybridge Mac pro's should be coming sooner or later too.

I like Mac a lot, I wish more games would be on mac, but I'm fine with what I have right now. I have Snow Leopard running on my machine almost vanilla, the only real part of it that's not vanilla is the chipset support, and the kernel. I only keep Windows now for one game really, and that's Modern Warfare 2. If I didn't play on alteriwnet for all my mods I would have a wine wrapper for mw2 right now instead. All my buddies in the music business(DJ, artist, general producing)all use some type of Apple product in their studios. They're great for multimedia creation.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I dont hate Macs, but I dont treasure the thought of getting help in an Apple forum.

15. velocityx

velocityx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    what is annoying with apple for me is the consumer target. regular mac users have no idea about nothing. I had a chance to work in an audio video computers store and a regular mac customer had no clue about his computer.

it went something like that, hi how you doing, hi, i'm looking for a cable to connect my tv to my computer. Sure, no problem, first, does your tv supports hdmi? hmm, I dont know, ok, does your computer support hdmi/vga, hmm, no I don't know, I have a mac, I thought that's enough.

customer after customer. now its my view of an apple computer customer base. they are tricked to believe everything is so much better and easier with mac but to connect to a tv they need to spend 50 bucks on cables lol

my brother has a macbook pro, since like 3 years and its his last one, more annoying than helpful .

16. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    the only particular reason why i dont like macs over here is because theyre overpriced for what you get. you could build a similar spec'd PC and run hackintosh and it'd be notably cheaper.

17. zoso_the_hippy

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    true :)but i really like the build quality to i like mac and pc just like i like amd and nvidia :)

18. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    I wouldn't say the build quality of the actual electrical parts inside is any better than a PC. In fact imo they use inferior parts, the number one Apple killer over the last few years is blown or leaking caps.

19. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Why I dont like Mac and Apple ?

Design: I dont give a **** about this. I do not want to pay for this, does not have effect on how those perform, how easy or good those are to use and so on, which IMO are the most important things in computer. I like the looks of IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad laptops more than Macbooks.

Price: Really not offering as much as those cost.

Problems with my iPod Video, refused to work at winter, had to use my Nokia e51 to play music when I was jogging. I sold that iPod few years ago.

I hate iTunes.

Most Mac/Apple users have absolutely no idea what they have and only reasons why they bought those are because of some people say that those are cool/good. Just like people buying 500€ smartphones and not using any of those features they paid for, which that 100€ did not have. Also agressive (false) marketing.

I do agree that those have good monitors, but thats about it.

20. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    I don't buy it. Not because I don't like it but because I don't like it and because it's insanely overpriced.