1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do i keep getting ''nvidia drivers stoped working''

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by damien666, Nov 30, 2007.

1. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    256mb RSX @550MHz/700Mhz
    Dam. have you tried cleaning the drivers in safe mode, and reinstalling them again. You might have parts of your old drivers mixed with new.

Its not ram, that problem is always GPU driver related.

2. hasemike

hasemike New Member

It's just the nvidia drivers, i have the same problems. Before the 8800gt i had an ATI card with vista. Never any problems.

As soon as i can get the 3870 from ati, the 8800gt goes on ebay. Do not get me wrong the 8800gt is a great card, but without good drivers it's of no use.

3. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 8800 GTS 512 760C/1900S/2100R
    Had the same problem with 162.xx drivers until I deinstalled nforce gpu AND chipset driver, safe mode boot, driver sweeper, started normaly, installed the chipset driver again, restarted and then installed the video driver. I guess this happens with mixed gfx card drivers in combination with nforce chipset drivers. I could reproduce this problem one time, but don't ask me why it happens. I didn't got the problem again, but on the other side I always used driver sweeper and safe mode procedure before.
    It is definitly a driver problem, thats for sure, but the stop responding error can also be generated by to high OC of the gfx-card. But the result was different to me, in that case the system just hung (no black screen) and then started to work again. I guess that is the biggest problem for people, the error message is the same, but reasons and symptoms are slightly different.

4. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    will do a fresh install of vista tonight

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people ive got a rma for my psu + gfx card

i asked them to fully check both and then if their a problem i will get new ones and if not i will send my mobo + ram + cpu to them

at least i can then find out what the problem is, i think the psu was dodgy and it then ****ed up the gfx card a little and thats why it isnt working on backup psu BUT it does run better

6. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 Lightning
    i used to get the error message driver stopped responding and can tell you from my rig it was overclocking related both CPU and GPU. went back to stock settings and never had it since

7. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    well i have had my cpu o/ced for 8months and never got the problem, i only got it after my psu went 4week ago then my gfx went 3weeks ago and now after getting new ones i get the problems

edit after getting 1hr20min into film i get driver stoped working error ??

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007