Why buy games any more?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deusex, Jul 1, 2012.

1. suture

suture Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    I understand the frustration while installing and playing some games.
    But diablo3? really?
    Disregarding the bumpy start of the servers (wich they fixed in a flash and they keep improving the game FREE)
    I dont see whats wrong with it, regarding the user friendlyness, i mean.
    You can copy it to a pen and play anywhere (not necessary to install in dif pcs)
    The launcher is user Friendly, click, update when needed, play.
    And yes its online not really a drm or wtv but like a mmo, server based. TO AVOID THE MOST ANNOYING THINGS EVER. like hacking and cheating.

So basically the players needs internet and a half assed pc. Cant see how hard is that.
    Had more problems with some original games in my ps3 than d3 tbh

2. killer_939

killer_939 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I have just cracked a ton of windows live games so i could keep using messenger 2009. I should have done it years ago, so much less online crap to deal with. Only game i play online these days is minecraft with my gfs little sister and that has good drm (never given me trouble at least), i can even sign in straight from the mod launchers.

3. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080ti GamX
    Spending $60.00 for a game should buy more than frustration.

4. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Steam/DRM appologists are a sad little bunch. Every year they lower their standads. They mock people who complain when a product that they paid for in full doesn't work. Do you think the music industry would get away with printing cd's which didn't play after you've bought it? Of course not. You would get an immediate refund.

This should be the case with all products. If it doesn't work as is then threre is no excuse.

5. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    God bless "CD Cracks." If multiplayer ain't your thing you can always use one of those baby's to bypass the bs.

But I know what ya mean dude. It's hard enough being a legitimate gamer, and then having to put up with that bs.

6. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    How did we get from "it's annoying to register games so I'm going to pirate games" to "DRM is stupid and games should work out of the box"?

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Someone from this forum had posted this, quite apt over here :D

[​IMG]

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
    Yes i can understand that can be annoying. when you buy a product , you would expect it to work especially the activation. personally i dont like the rockstar social club anyways. never use it, wish it was optional as a install.
    have you contacted rockstar support yet ?

i see no problem for people using cd cracks if you buy the software. however there are people that dont buy the games at all. (cancer of the gaming industry for publishers , developers and legimate buyers of the product). and then make the craziest excuses in their own psychiatric mind to justify their own actions.

9. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    What about people that don't have an internet connection how are they supposed to play legitimate games if they require online activation?Their only option is to buy pirated games and the developers lose a lot of money just from that.Not everyone in the world has a net connection.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
    simple as dont buy it, get better internet, or get the console version.
    i wouldnt buy the game if i would know in advance i could not activate it.
    the error that the op is having is a activation server error though.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If rumours are to be believed, next gen consoles will have activation too :(

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
    yep rumours. so that doenst mean its true. i find it hard to believe tbh, dont you ?

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well, they're selling online passes and you have to make origin ids. It doesn't seem too far fetched now.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
    yeah thats true, but thats only for the multiplayer part, and to battle 2nd hand sales.
    i dont expect for someone who only wants to play single player , he would need to activate it.

15. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Yes, so this, we should thank companies when they try to fix their stuff that we paid for. It's not like we expected a fully functional product or something... Hell, set up a donations page to show Blizzard some love! They'll probably buy cakes for their local homeless, or maybe donate the money to an hospital! WEEEEEEEE!

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Let's see what they actually implement .. we don't actually accomplish anything by speculating after all :D I was actually keen on buying a console ... I mean my last one was a Sega Mega Drive .. lol! Now they've pretty much removed a lot of the incentives to buy a console for me .. bummer.

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    How are these people pirating games if they don't even have a simple internet access to just activate their game online?

Or are you talking about areas where they actually sell hard copy of pirated games on discs?

Even then there is no justification for it because playing video games is purely recreational activity.

If they want to combat 2nd hand sales effectively, which they do, forcing single player only customers to register/activate their games looks like the logical next step.

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i hope it's true

finally no more used copies that provide no money to the people who actually made the game

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow ....
    That money goes to the publisher, not the "devs". Most studios are paid on delivery of the gold master.

20. suture

suture Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Well things can go wrong in major releases, we are talking about servers for 6mill players, but yes, its annoying

But bottom line, i rather have a bumpy start and a smooth long ride.
    Than a great start and a ****ty long run regarding tech support.

One example: KOF XIII PS3/xbox
    The game IS awesome but the netcode for online play IS crap even with the lowests ping (in regional pvp matchs), snk playmore promised they would fix it, after 3 MONTHS waiting they released a ****ty patch that improved the ping bar accuracy. seriously?
    basically the online play of the game its plain Dead nowdays and they wont bother improve ever again, they will MAYBE release a paying DLC with some extra stuff and thats it.

At least in diablo they fixed the bugs and, currently, focusing in improving the overall gameplay.

some years ago a game would usually came out with serious bugs and players just had to deal with them till the next game was released.
    But now they just mass whine in the forums, when finally the bugs are gone, its because the game its too hard, or because they dont like the damn colours in the gear, or wtf.ever reason.

They just nerfed the overall dificulty in diablo recently for whining related reasons, the dumbifying of the games kinda pisses me off.

Whats next? i need to think in this game? They need to fix it!