Why are there 3 CLI.EXE processes running in windows XP

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by oldshuck, Jun 10, 2006.

1. oldshuck

oldshuck New Member

Greetings,

I have noticed that 3 CLI.EXE processes run when the CCC is installed. I have an AGP 850 XT plat video card BTW. When I play BF2 for example the game crashes to desltop randomly and not frequently. I found that when I end all CLI.EXE process or uninstall the CCC the game does not crash at all. I also noticed that the same thing happens in Elder Scroll:Oblivian. What is with so many redundant precesses of CLI.EXE.

Thanks in advance,

OldShuck

2. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    Hi.
    Well there are 3 CLI.exe running here to and im currently using a PCIe 850XT untill i get my new rig, and i have no problems with BF2 or oblivion.

3. clkProject

clkProject Master Guru

Because ATI CCC is a cluttered piece of software.

4. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX SLI on Dell 3007
    It's so you can open CCC from three different areas. So you have the icon in system tray, the right click on desktop and then folders. By the way if you disable the system tray icon, you will only have two processes. i did that . I know it probaly won't make much of a difference to the resources, but at least it's something. Yeah there is nothing to stop you ending all the processes. It governs nothing critical, its just so you can open CCC more quickly.

5. Thirdtimelucky

Thirdtimelucky New Member

GPU:
    x800xl @ 450 1100
    You dont need ccc. Juts use the driver only and ati tray tools. I have 22 processes as a resalt.

6. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I just disabled the taskbar CCC shortcut and it gained me 15mb of PF :D. Not as much as I expected, but still something.

7. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX SLI on Dell 3007
    But if you have crossfire it is essential. Also I kind of like Catalyst AI.