Who's happy with Vista?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by RandyB, Feb 8, 2007.

1. harpyboy

harpyboy Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640MB

1. I run winamp free edition on both x86 and currently on x64 Vista home premium, no issue. I believe on the x64 Vista there is an imcompatible driver or something but it went totally away after the first prompt. I can't even be bothered about it. Winamp is my primary Mp3 player, no problem for me.
    2. Mine shuts down every single time.. It takes longer time than XP due to the many services it is running in the background.
    3. I believe your media player is using a overlay draw method not compatible with Aero. I use the Media Player Classic, that comes bundled with K-lite Codec Pack, it has the same problem as what you experience with the player's default settings. Which is set to Overlay. I changed that VMR7 or VMR9, and the video output is able to run together with Aero. Try it. It is not a problem with the video file or Vista, it is the way the media player outputs the picture. And it is also a limitation on Vista side that the Aero interface cannot be run together with a older drawing method, which makes sense since better video quality can be achieved with newer renderer.
    4. Setpoint 3.30, I used x86 and x64, no problems. My mouse is Logitech G7. All settings are functional.
    5. OpenGL? nvidia and ati will do something about it. Just sit tight for a while.

2. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    Heheh, you guys give me hope :D... thanks ;)

3. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Nforce3 & Vista

I am using Vista RC1 32bit with no problems on Nforce3 which really suprised me, only dropped a few FPS in games Company of heros

@ 1280-1024 all in game options set to max
    min FPS 22 max 96 FPS Vista
    min FPS 31 max 120 FPS XP
    Both averages are in the 50FPS so good for gaming

i figure i have a beta version of vista and drivers are still being tweaked I will purchase premium in June when RC1 expires

i did do a manual install of 4.4.0 gart driver which seemed to really help.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    BTW, my system scored about 100 points higher in 3DMark03 in vista then it did in XP :).

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    hmm, doesnt work, i assigned F1 to open firefox and it opened mozilla and firefox help window
    i assigned F2 to wmp and nothing

cant wait till Vlite matures so i can make tailor it specifiacly for me right out of install.

6. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    I got vista home premium 64 bit oem from newegg, only too 2 days to get it ^_^ but i will install it when creative labs bring out WHQL 100% driver on march

7. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    I don't know what to tell you - except that you're doing something wrong. I just assigned CTRL + ALT + LETTER and also just the F keys alone and they opened every program that I assigned them to.

8. harpyboy

harpyboy Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640MB
    F1 and some other keys are reserved for specific commands. F1 = help since early windows. Hotkeys are mainly meant for combination of keys, like CTRL + F1 might work better, so you wont accidentally open with a single key press.

I use CTRL + SHIFT + Z/X/C, so I can open with just my left hard while my right hand is on the mouse. Anyone should be comfortable with the fingers at CTRL + X/C/V for cut and paste purpose.

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    lol of course...silly me, once again...user error
    and to think i was going to blame vista lol j/k

10. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    I used the F keys (shortcut) just to prove a point.
    User error? I'd say about 95% of computer problems are user generated.:coffee2: