1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's got WoW:?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SaNTaCRuZ77, Nov 25, 2004.

1. SaNTaCRuZ77

SaNTaCRuZ77 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 3450 512MB
    Well, I bit my tongue and bought World of Warcraft, the regular edition, today to find that majority of the servers are all lagged up. Though I did manage to find a few good unpopulated servers one of which I have a level 3 Paladin on. The game is pretty fun, and I can't wait to get past level 3 >< Who alls got it? :p

2. neowar3020

neowar3020 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Msi GeforceFx 5900-VTD128
    damn, now that i know its pay per play, now im not goign to get it, i tought it was a normla games such as wractf or starcraft, i hate when in the companies start the greed for money.

3. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT 350/1100
    i ordered it with fastest shipping available on amazon.com. should be here tomorrow. i can hardly wait.

i've heard about the laggy servers on the wow forums. hope it gets better. though i've heard nearly every mmo game goes through a period like that at first.

4. SaNTaCRuZ77

SaNTaCRuZ77 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 3450 512MB
    Yes, I'm gonna hold off from getting into it after the server issue is resolved, it seems like thats the only thing that the players talk about. I don't even think the auction system is up yet due to the server status. OF coarse there are some hardcore players grinding their asses off to get the edge on everyone else, but I'm having a hard time getting into this game. I think it's a combination of the monotonous beginning quests with lame monsters and the servers going down. I'll give you guys an update in a couple days as to the status of the game, I'd say it has great potential as of now.

5. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    is it $14.99 a month or 15.99? i forgot...

6. Vxheous

Vxheous Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    I got it...been playing since the 1st day....i have a lvl 23 Paladin

7. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT 350/1100
    draenor is a sweet west coast server i've been playing on that hasn't had any downtime or lag problems from overpopulation. in case any of u want to join it. blizzard has said it doesn't matter wether ur in a different timezone.

8. Rootaah

Rootaah Active Member

GPU:
    4870 Crossfire
    Single most addicting game I have ever played. If you have any roleplaying/D&D/fantasy bone in your body, this is the game for you. For those complaining about the lag, it has significantly improved since the first few days and have to quite honestly say I barely even notice anything except the occasional hiccup. Blizzard reportedly added 44 servers in less than a week due to the high influx of new players. That's quite a stunt if you ask me.

Also, many people scoff at the monthly fee. The easiest way to ignore that is pay for it in 6 month shots and be done with it. That's what I did.

$12.99 * 6 months = $77.94

What's your average game go for these days? 50 bucks? So you throw another 27 into the mix and be done with it for 6 months. Yeah...I know...you have to buy it to for 50. Well...as someone who's played since beta, I suggest you start saving up the cash if you're on the fence. The game is worth every penny and it's extremely fun. Very revolutionary, beautiful scenery, in-game email of letters, items, and money.....and I have to say my favorite aspect of the game is the in-game auction houses.

Very good stuff!