Who's getting a RX6000 Series Card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Will you upgrade to RX 6000 series?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2020.
  1. Yes, as long as pricing and performance is favorable

46 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Yes, however, I would have gone with their competitor if there was any stock

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Maybe, I want to see pricing, benchmarks, and availability 1st

21 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. Perhaps, I'm already in queue for the competitor. I just might cancel and grab one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I might grab one if there are any black friday deals...on a budget

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. No, not at this time.

18 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ :D
    But, but i really need this RT in recent gaming at resonable 70FPS (min.)
    For now we need to wait for 6900XT and see how this one do RT.

And Yes there is no stock for any new GPU.... Hello Vega LC it's good to have You around :p

2. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    We only see the real rt performance in a year probably. We cant use games before 6000 series because they had some kind of nvidia hand, and the games that amd released are well amd optimized

Im with you long live the vega, radeon boost and fid fx cas helps loads on so many games, i play monster hunter maxed 4k at 50 fps looks amazing.

3. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Maybe the poll needs some additional options:

-Yes, but only if I can actually find one.
    -No, I went with the competitor instead since there wasn't any stock.
    -I was going to, until I saw pricing, benchmarks, and availability (or the lack thereof)
    -Perhaps, I'm already in queue for if the competitor, and unless it can deliver first, I just might cancel and grab one, if I can actually find one ofcourse.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

5. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    When I get my card, I'll get it at MicroCenter. They don't price gouge.

HARDRESET and OnnA like this.
  7. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6900XTU
    In Germany only Alternative and Mindfactory carried these but both websites were sold out within minutes on 18.11. Mindfactory sold 6800XT for 789€ but Alternate went for 850€.

According to what I read reference cards will only be produced until early next year.:oops:

I got 6800XT from eBay for 999€ :confused: as I wanted reference card for watercooling.
    It is arriving tomorrow. It is new unopened part.
    The guy bought it from Mindfactory most probably for 789€ :confused: and sold it for profit on eBay. o_O
    I ordered also EKWB waterblock.:cool:
    That should arrive next week.
    I will post some result on Guru3D ones I build the waterblock on it and do some tuning. :D

I will sell my Radeon VII water-cooled on eBay. I saw that these are selling for very good prices there. :p
    Looking at eBay sold history from last month I saw people bet on these on eBay for upto 500€. :p
    Let see what I get for mine.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Looks like stock is still extremely limited.
    https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/1331460240156475392

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Consoles first that's why :eek:;)
    We have now Wait™ for ATI as well as nV.

Turanis likes this.
  10. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    It seems the answer to the original question..... Nobody.

OnnA likes this.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Higher than expected demand seems to be the new trend :D
    Just saw Apple stating the same for their new iPhone.

12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Availability of the RX 6800 series cards is laughable, I'm beginning to think that it's even worse than the RTX3080. None of the local distributers in my neck of the woods have any idea when stock of the card, and allocation sizes even up to now. There's even word that none would be available till the first week of December, with only Asus announcing that they'd launch their cards on the evening of the 26th, roughly morning of the 26th in the US.

Edit - I don't think I'd be able to get an RX 6800XT anytime soon, probably next year since local shops here have a habit of selling first to their VIP customers, or include the card as part of a bundle or prebuild. So, the sad debacle of AMD launch has left me quite jaded. I'm telling myself to skip the 6800 series altogether and hang on to my VEGA64 Red Devil (which is doing okay with regard to gaming).

There's even talk that whatever 6800 cards that are sold, they'd be scalped and we'd end up paying exorbitant prices for whatever cards that may be out in the local market. Sad that things may come to this....and my enthusiasm for AMD.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Red dragon ordered. Might try ordering 6900 also.

14. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    So, for the Sapphire 6800XT cards, the prices at Overclockers are just eye-watering....
    £750 for the Sapphire Nitro
    £720 for the Sapphire Pulse

What is going on with these prices? Why are people accepting these prices and not complaining?

Undying, pharma, GlennB and 1 other person like this.
  15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I'm not they can xxxx right off! Wont probably use OCUK again if can help it unless they offer a legit explanation.

Truder likes this.

16. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    It IS worse, at least here in the Netherlands. At least SOME 3080s were available in shop here at launch (for not TOO much over MSRP), where NONE were in case of the 6800(XT). I've tried again today, no stock of reference designs or AIB-cards. At least you can 'get in line' now.

I've jumped the bandwagon and placed an order for a Gigabyte 3080 last friday (I never had Gigabyte before, but it seems Megekko.nl gets a healthy delivery from their cards, and not so much Asus or MSI and stuff). I'm now in queue position #4, and they expect another shipment of these cards early next week, while there's no Radeon RX 6800 in sight...

I'm gonna miss a nice looking graphics control pane, and the ability to overclock without relying on Afterburner...

17. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    We may all be waiting for whatever Intel has to offer, before these become available to purchase at a reasonable price.
    It is truly sad what has happened here.
    Wasn't today the day AIBs were supposed to launch their models?
    I guess those sold out as well?

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Think the harbor situation is messing up the shipments and NVIDIA managed to get at least the initial batch of 3080's through before it ground down completely plus AMD for a very limited quantity of the stock 6800's and XT's for these.
    Stores pointing to Spring 2021 here now for expected availability and the situation improving is telling in how problematic it is particularly with hardware and the high resale value and increase over MSRP for the limited stock that does come through is hindering any upgrade plans so far if purchasing ahead of bot assisted accounts is even possible with the stock shortage.

[​IMG]

Good as they are clearly it's going to take a little while for six dudes to hand tow a freighter across the ocean and then back again to load it up for the next turn.

More seriously though I think the staff here is very limited now so it's taking a much longer time to process the containers and there's situations with complete stops and other problems getting deliveries sent with harbors world-wide being affected from what I am getting at least looking at the UK, US and Asia situation probably several parts in EU as well.

mitzi76 and Morax like this.
  19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I think the plan of going a A-Viking for some gpus might actually be the best option! We have to commandeer a sea worthy vessel, arm it somehow and then break major international laws and be back in time for xmas haha!

£800 for the Asrock "taichi" 6800 xt!

JonasBeckman likes this.
  20. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    The problem is exacerbated due to the fact that the distributers here in my neck of the woods carry only AIB cards, so AMD branded cards are nowhere to be seen, unless one tries the overseas sites. Now, many are expressing anger and disappointment that even AIB cards are not only physically absent, there's nary a word on release date here in my neck of the woods.

Some have commented, and I agree with them, that AMD had poked fun at nVidia for their disastrous RTX 3080 launch, nVidia had some cards that were physical available in the shops here at around launch date (granted they were rather very limited stock), but the point is, at least there were some RTX3080 available. But for AMD, not a squeak out of the local distributer as to actual availability and allocation size.....zip, nada! Just got an update from a shop I usually buy my PC parts from, was told that as of now, no word on price and stock from any of the distributers.

Edit - I'd like to add.....WELL DONE, AMD!!!:mad: