Who's getting a RX6000 Series Card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Will you upgrade to RX 6000 series?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2020.
  1. Yes, as long as pricing and performance is favorable

46 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Yes, however, I would have gone with their competitor if there was any stock

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Maybe, I want to see pricing, benchmarks, and availability 1st

21 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. Perhaps, I'm already in queue for the competitor. I just might cancel and grab one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I might grab one if there are any black friday deals...on a budget

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. No, not at this time.

18 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    3 listed here but high prices around 1000 euro

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    No stock here.... :(

I think i will wait for RTX 3080 & RX 6800XT stock in Spring.
    And then decide which one to get, Prices must settle also.

3. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    No stock either pre orders

4. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    Yep.. ill think ill wait for the 30X0 super/ti and its pricing.

OnnA likes this.

5. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    They had some 6800 stock at Scan in the UK with the price varying from £530-£570. They had the Powercolor 6800XT listed at £620 but it was unavailable. Overclockers were asking £680 for preorders for the XT which is far too high and if prices are equal the 3080 seems like the better choice after reading the review on this site.

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Since there's practically no stock of the 6800 series anywhere, I'd have to look on the bright side of things - it forces me to wait for 3rd party cooled cards from Sapphire or PowerColor, I may even wait for the 6900XT....

Maddness likes this.
  7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Hard to be a PC gamer with money to spend on upgrades these days. Who'd of thought. 2020 continues to amaze lol.

ern88, Maddness and Undying like this.
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Indeed. Even you saved some cash and determined to buy one you cant. Ah, the agony. :D

ern88 and SerotoNiN like this.
  9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Still at least we are forced to wait and not rush buy so in a sense the card we all buy will be the right one! And buy yourself an extra bottle of whiskey etc. Thats what am doing, drowning my PC sorrows haha.

SerotoNiN and IDSG89 like this.
  10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I'm getting a PS5

OnnA and SerotoNiN like this.

11. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I got one. It was either get a video card or swear off pc gaming and get a Xbox Series X since xbox/pc will have exclusives like Gears and Halo. Well, made the choice to stick with PC since I absolutely hate fps games with a controller. Not sure how anyone possibly enjoys them that way. I am stuck with kb+m mentality. PC also holds a special place in my heart no matter how pissed off it makes me. And it's quite often lately. Lol.

Maddness likes this.
  12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    100% mate. But seeing how the CPU and GPU game is picking up, I'm sitting this one out. My current PC plays everything I throw at it pretty well, no complaints. And yes, I could spend £600+ on a GPU, but I'd rather get a PS5 now and build a brand new PC end of next year, or early 2022.

Shooters on consoles are guff, I'll use the PS5 more like a box feeding my TV with all the apps, also for the exclusives.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    After watching LTT's review and his very fair point at the end i will stick to Nvidia.

OnnA likes this.
  14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Yeah, upgrading in 2022 is probably what I'll do too. The current new cards don't seem to have enough power to do 4k/RT with series x/ps5 ports. Assassins Creed Vahalla and Godfall have shown me this and neither have rt. 3080 averages ...51fps in both I think? Games will only get more demanding from here.

Only reason I got a PS5 is for the exclusives. PS4 had the best gaming experience period. Because of exclusives. Exclusives. There's a word I miss being synonymous with PC gaming.

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    They are close enough in performance (except in RT performance) that it comes down to features. There NVIDIA definitely has the advantage. I just wish that RTX 3080 had more than 10GB of VRAM.

It's pretty obvious that I'm not going to be able to upgrade my GPU this year...

OnnA and SerotoNiN like this.

16. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    I was able to get a 6800 from amd.com this morning within minutes of going live. It took over an hour to get the confirmation. Now to figure out selling the VII.

Maddness and Undying like this.
  17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    It's not just Ray Tracing, for older games i often resort to Nvidia Inspector get my Anti-Aliasing fix and what not, AMD lacks many of those hidden features.

I will still get a Ryzen CPU though, but for GPU it's still green team for me.

OnnA likes this.
  18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Yep, I've been saying this for years. a decent gaming PC + a Playstation for the exclusive is the best way to game. Amen my brother. I'm not even religious lol

OnnA likes this.
  19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Actually... Flip the table around and imagine that AMD come out with the 6800xt a few months ago... And then Nvidia come out with the 3080 today.

Who would look better? While I have to say, AMD have a competitive GPU again, after a while, all they're doing is playing catch up. Still, some pressure has been applied on Nvidia and let's hope the next generation of AMD GPUs will push Nvidia even harder.

Maddness likes this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    That is why im with NV this time around :p (I will still help ppl on ATI side :cool:)
    Waiting for 3080S/Ti with more than 10GB ;) (I need GPU for at last 3-4Years).

endbase and Maddness like this.