Who's getting a RX6000 Series Card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Will you upgrade to RX 6000 series?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2020.
  1. Yes, as long as pricing and performance is favorable

46 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Yes, however, I would have gone with their competitor if there was any stock

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Maybe, I want to see pricing, benchmarks, and availability 1st

21 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. Perhaps, I'm already in queue for the competitor. I just might cancel and grab one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I might grab one if there are any black friday deals...on a budget

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. No, not at this time.

18 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Ordered a 6900XT, hope to get a confirmation date for delivery....

ZXRaziel and NvidiaFreak650 like this.
  2. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Had a 6800xt on the cart , but no luck :(

3. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    When I can get a 16gb card for 400$ that's at-least the speed of this 2070 Super with it's anemic 8gb of VRAM, I will buy one. Not game for these crazy prices as of late and already way overpaid for the 2070 Super last year. I have money but none to waste, even if I COULD USE the extra VRAM (which I do need, but I've just decided to make the city models in smaller pieces to alleviate most of the issue for now).
    It used to be awesome being into PC tech in the 90's and even the 2000's, especially when intel and AMD were neck and neck in the CPU game like they are again today - which is great - but the cost of GPU's is so out of hand it's crazy. Then you factor in not being able to buy one unless you're glued to a PC all day... they can burn them for the price they want.

4. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I woke up after being in line for 19 hours in Microcenter but score a 6900 XT. the card is heavy and look sexy, have not try any games yet as i just install 20.11.3.

DannyD likes this.

5. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Ordered a 6800XT Nitro+ OCSE, next in queue, so hopefully will get one in the next batch (eta around 2 - 3 weeks).

6. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    So hours after ordering my reference 6800xt, they suddenly got an ETA on the non-reference card for the 22nd of Dec. Don't know if it's worth the extra $100 and the longer wait, so going to stick to the reference card. If it's too noisy I can always try to build my first custom water cooling loop :)

7. SiMallV719

SiMallV719 Member

GPU:
    RTX4090
    Was going to get the 6900xt but went for the 3090 in the end due to ray tracing and DLSS

8. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I don't know of any USA etailers that even do pre-orders. It's all bots taking stock within 0.5 seconds or a few people that camp overnight at Microcenter praying to get one in the morning.

9. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    I doubt anyone who care about ray tracing and dlss (4K gaming) would went for 6900XT in the first place.

mikeysg and OnnA like this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the infinity fabric memory size or cache and the bus width seem to have the same issue on RDNA2 even with stronger hardware so while it holds up somewhat there's a much larger performance gap once that memory is used up though high-refresh rate 2560x1440 is doing really well.

Maybe AMD can do a bigger version for the 3080Ti competitor though depending on what they might decide on that could be more for RDNA3 and what it changes, 512-bit 512 MB should do it, HBM would be nifty but make it even more expensive although higher-speed GDDR6 could perhaps work depending on what's available even if GDDR6X is not a option for the memory speed and bandwidth limits.

Not much to be done with ray tracing until the next hardware design and changes and what that could do so yeah, personally the big performance hit makes it less desirable but eventually that will be improved and the effects even early on are quite impressive working around earlier issues and limitations in a very nice way even if some of the implementations also go a bit too far in how the results look as a personal opinion.

EDIT: 6800 XT or a 3080 whatever is actually in stock, was hoping some of the 6900's would be viable as the MSRP pricing from AMD would make it on par with the retailer 6800 - 6800 XT or 3080 prices here so yeah why not but then they didn't ship anything to the Nordic countries and what was available in Europe and elsewhere was so limited it went in minutes. :D

Next up January - February for any bigger stock for AMD and NVIDIA going by some of the stores and estimated dates here but eventually it'll be time to upgrade, ha ha!
    (No ETA for AMD, late December to early January though a few are now listing February for the 3080)

DannyD likes this.

11. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    My 6800 XT reference card should be arriving today! Can't wait to finish work and go home to my new baby :D

12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Just got an update from Amazon, seems like I can expect the XFX 6900XT between Jan 13 to February 20.....whooppee?:confused:

13. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Knowing Amazon, you'll probably get it sooner than that!

14. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Well, the XFX Merc319 is on Amazon going for about 1191 USD (includes import tax to my country), and I've ordered it without a moment's hesitation. I'm thinking of cancelling my Reference XFX 6900XT order since the ETA for both is about the same. the Merc319 is about 100USD above the reference one, I figured it should be about right as 3rd party non-reference cards should cost more than the 999USD of the reference model.

15. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I always like reference cards (2000/3000 series from Nvidia and 6800/6900 series from AMD) enjoy your card, you won't be disappointed with the look and how quiet it is.

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    My friend messaged me reference 6900XTs are in stock at Micro Center if you are in the States, but no one is buying it, AT MSRP!

Everyone is gobbling up the 6800/XT, 3060Ti, 3070 and 3080s. A few 3090 moved as well. But all prices were at MSRP!

I need to give props to Microcenter. I wish we had one where I am!

17. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Just heads up , there are few 6900xt cards in stock on newegg , be fast .

18. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I am so tempted , but I am a chicken as I have never owned AMD gpu, going to read Hilberts review again .

19. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Im waiting for a 3080 but store owner told me that they may be getting 2 6800xt this week...

Cant decide lol... rt on one side, 16gb on the other one... both capable cards for 1440p ...

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Depends on what You'll need.
    Im more into RTX this time cuz' of RT+DLSS features (and many more like. nV Inspector for Old games, Ansel, Freestyle, Plugins for 3DS Max etc.)
    If You play only in 1440p raster games (FPS in mind) You can go for Radeon easy, both sides are good this time IMhO....

ZXRaziel likes this.