Who's getting a RX6000 Series Card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Will you upgrade to RX 6000 series?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2020.
  1. Yes, as long as pricing and performance is favorable

46 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Yes, however, I would have gone with their competitor if there was any stock

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Maybe, I want to see pricing, benchmarks, and availability 1st

21 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. Perhaps, I'm already in queue for the competitor. I just might cancel and grab one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I might grab one if there are any black friday deals...on a budget

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. No, not at this time.

18 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Just got word of Sapphire release of AMD cards, problem is, since there's hardly any available for my country, that we should wait for 2nd or 3rd shipment for better availability. A shop in the local tech mall told me to not expect any 6800XT's till January at the earliest....again, WELL DONE, AMD!!!

Edit - Honestly, right now, I'm thinking of going team green with either an RTX 3070/3080 because I game at 3840x1080 (exactly half 4K, so 8GB/10GB VRAM is fine) but the only thing that's really holding me back is my monitor being Freesync 2...

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The way the shipping dates and store retailers are so uncertain plus the markup in pricing might be time to import one of those Yeston GPU's ha ha.
    https://videocardz.com/newz/yeston-radeon-rx-6800-xt-sakura-edition-pictured

Other than being a bit more unique in design though I think it's going to be a bit of a poor pick the 580 turned out to be fairly good (Plus it looks like a crazy cat.) but the others don't quite stack up (5700XT initial version under performed substantially.) and this design here covers the fans and creates vibrations or noise maybe also impacting cooling efficiency even if only slightly.

Just have to see how much stock arrives in December but yeah, AMD or NVIDIA it might be until Q1 2021 at this rate before it at least begins picking up and we'll see somewhat better retail availability could be longer still.

3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    did you see that rog 6800xt clc ? broke 2.7GHz oc

DanielRX and JonasBeckman like this.
  4. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Yes indeed, now where's that tweet where AMD's Frank Azor took a bet for 10$ it wouldn't be a paper launch like Nvidia's?

But if there actually should have been plenty of cards available at launch, where ARE they then? Is it a logistics/customs issue? Do scalpers intercept supply shipments even before they hit retailers now?

5. Sovsefanden

Sovsefanden Active Member

GPU:
    Most will be waiting deep into 2021 :p
    My 6800XT date says 1st March, LOL...

This is a TRUE paperlaunch. Zero cards on launch, and pretty much none coming in either! Pumped up prices too! I paid 50 over MSRP for my pre-order of 6800XT (For my 2nd, full AMD RIG)

I recieved my 3080 one week after launch... Oh well, atleast I will be spending the next many months in Cyberpunk soon :p

IT COMES WHEN IT COMES.

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Here in my neck of the woods, we don't need 3rd party Joe Shmoe to to be scalpers, the brick and mortar shops have taken the lead. Lemme give you an example, I was looking a a GB RTX3070 since I'm not in the mood to wait indefinitely for AMD to get its act together.

I saw that the lowest end GB model going for about 635USD (yes, still way high), guess what the staff at the shop told me? I'd have to buy parts for a system build to buy the RTX3070 at that price, IF I were to buy just the card itself, I'd have to pay 821USD for it. This is a common practice here, I won't be surprised that the small number of AMD cards, when the distributers have them, would be sold as part of a bundle (system build), if not, the price would be jacked beyond belief, much like the RTX3080/3070.

Edit - Prices stated are local $ converted to USD.....

The way things are shaping up, I'm thinking of ditching my RX 6800XT upgrade plan and hanging on to my VEGA64 Red Devil till, who knows, next year for the next iterations of AMD and nVidia cards.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Thats an good idea TBF, more we can save that way, so get even better value.
    Im thinking now about 3080 but S or Ti with more VRAM, and in the process i will observe ATI/AMD RT performance & upscaling (via Driver Updates) to get the best for my €.
    Patience is virtue :D and better for the wallet.

I need GPU that can (DLSS included) Play CP 2077 with Ultra + RT at min. 70FPS 0.1% Lows...
    Then i will decide which one to get: 3080S or 6800XT/6900XT (Power Color Devil is my pick for Radeon, Asus TUF or GB Master for nV)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  8. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Nah, I'm thinking of ditching my 6800 series upgrade altogether and getting a used RTX 2080 Super or RTX 2080 Ti, should be good for RT game at 3840x1080....I think. Regardless, non-RT games would run just fine with either cards at my native resolution. Only downside is, I'd not be able to fully use my Freesync 2 monitor.

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Some AIB 6800xt the backplate is cut off. Thats a bit cheap no?

10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Despite my decrying AMD's 'paper launch' I'm still an AMD man, went personally to the tech mall and found only one shop with Sapphire 6800 series cards, and I had just missed out on a 6800XT Nitro+. Prices are crazy, but I managed to snag the last Sapphire 6800 Nitro+, or any 6800 series card for the matter, left in the mall. Paid a hefty price for it, well above the price of many AIB 6800XT in the US.

Undying and JonasBeckman like this.

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Some pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AsiJu, JonasBeckman, Morax and 4 others like this.
  12. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    I think you need to stop giving your pet unicorn booze, it's been using your PC as a toilet... Unicorn vomit everywhere ;););)

Jokes aside, looks good! How's it running?

AsiJu likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    It makes his pc faster and it looks pretty. :D

14. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Only Intruder is not in the know, it's a proven fact that RGB not only improve GPU performance, it speeds up overall performance, auto OC monitor to do 480Hz, makes life easier and sweeter, and adds to one's longevity!;):D

I'll run MSI AB to check temps, will also note junction temp with Adrenalin and see how it goes. So far, it's not an XT, but it's a fast card, I can see the improvement when I play Serious Sam 4 (my fave game)

AsiJu and Undying like this.
  15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    @mikeysg

Congratz! I have the exact same card ordered.

Let us know some perf. and temp numbers!

16. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Noice! :cool: I'd actually wanted the XT version, was told by the staff at the shop that I'd missed the only XT that had in the shop by about 30 minutes.:( This one would do nicely as well since I game at 3840x1080 on a Freesync 2 monitor, basically, exactly half 4K.

I'm busy during the weekends, helping out a friend with his sideline business....only weekends. But will try to get some numbers out from Monday.

AsiJu likes this.
  17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Just a quick one, ran Serious Sam 3 BFE, played a single level which takes about 20 minutes or so, I'd only adjusted the fan setting to my preferred fan curve, turned off Zero fan as I prefer cooler temp over silence. Below is the max temp taken from GPU-Z (ambient temp is about 24C-25C...
    [​IMG]

Morax, AsiJu and OnnA like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ Update profile please :p

19. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Welp, I just ordered a custom configured prebuilt.... that's the only way I could find to actually order (pre-order) a 6800 XT. With Black Friday deals and the insane lack of most quality parts I should wind up fairly close to MSRP (for the GPU) after parting out the rest of the rig.

OnnA likes this.
  20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Currently, we have some shops doing same, but they pair RX 6800 with Ryzen 3600 (non-X) and 16GB slow memory.
    And then ask horrendous price as if they were not getting rid of older HW with the card. And as if they were doing people big service.