Who's getting a RX6000 Series Card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Will you upgrade to RX 6000 series?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2020.
  1. Yes, as long as pricing and performance is favorable

46 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Yes, however, I would have gone with their competitor if there was any stock

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Maybe, I want to see pricing, benchmarks, and availability 1st

21 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. Perhaps, I'm already in queue for the competitor. I just might cancel and grab one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I might grab one if there are any black friday deals...on a budget

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. No, not at this time.

18 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Any one made up their mind to buy RX 6000 series card yet?

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Initially i was thinking....rtx3070 to replace my 2080s but considering Nvidia`s issues supplying the world Amd is a contender if they can actually supply a card thats a jump in performance and not a stupid price.

Edited after the release.....

If the 6800xt had been a clear winner across the board i would have gone for the 6800 maybe 6800xt but the games i play seem to favor the 3070 so i have an Msi 3070 xtrio on pre-order with Scan

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Maddness likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If AMD can match around the 3070 to 3080 with their higher-end models it'd be tempting as long as the driver situation doesn't repeat, reference model is a step up compared to the 5700(XT) too this time but I expect the same as NVIDIA had (still has.) so initial availability will be problematic as the initial batch will be targeted for resale purposes and some smaller markets will see less cards shipped to them.

Third party GPU models potentially being delayed also means it'll be early to mid 2021 for this decision for real either the Ampy or the Nav but availability should be improving by that point and the later batches should steadily improve in quality as per usual.
    (Everything is more expensive now so budget mostly and avoiding a payment plan solution just because everything else has risen in price too so it's more uncertain how that would work out.)

Either or should be a solid upgrade though, not sold on ray tracing either as long as it remains specific effects so it's a large performance gain and I can start putting this display to use for it's full 144Hz at 2560x1440 maybe. :D
    (More like 60 - 80 FPS really but dropping some volumetric settings might balance some settings that might have a minimal visual difference ha ha. :p )

I'm sure ray tracing is all fun too and all but I'd take the higher performance myself especially if it's going to be a 30 - 40% difference on stuff like fancier reflections I'd barely take note of during gameplay.
    Eventually though it's going to be a neat feature. For now however eh it's a bit mixed.

What else? Well there's D3D12_2 and later on I presume Vulkan 1.3 functionality but that's for later 2021 on PC so 2022+ for actual implementation in games in any notable way besides minor additions or bolting on stuff on top of D3D11 or D3D12_0/1 could be wrong though the new console gen might shake it up a bit...with more cross-platform ports and getting the XBO and PS4 version ported to PC! Yay.
    (Maybe this time will be different.)

Early driver stuff and other potential issues maybe but eh that goes for both Ampere and Navi (Or whatever RDNA2 here will be called unless it's just Navi20.) going to be worked out hopefully faster this time around too but AMD still have afew known issues and unlisted problems I'd like to see confirmed fixed first.

EDIT: Sweden at 25% VAT also means EU pricing with VAT on top so likely close to 1000 Euro for the higher end model and who knows what some retailers will attempt.
    (Maybe a bit less as the cost is about 1000 to 1200 Euro for the 3080 GPU's not that any are actually in stock as a comparison with that card.)

EDIT: But I would want to see the 6800 price and performance figures too.
    Much as the 6900 would be the fun card to get ha ha.
    (Eh they're both good long as the price is right, but is it ever, especially now that everything costs more.)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Maddness likes this.
  4. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Maybe... just maybe... I wont play Cyberpunk untill my new build is 100% complete with new gpu and 4k monitor.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Considering nvidias paper launch and i stayed with amd for last ten years also in a need of upgrade im definitely getting one.

Maddness likes this.
  6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    If some of these leaks are even remotely true, i'm sure I with the availability issues with Nvidia at this time. I'd have little trouble selling my current card and getting a big Navi. Only thing for me is it has to have good Ray tracing ability. I personally believe that is where we are headed in the next couple of years big time. So that's a must have for me.

It is a big part of why I brought my current card. I knew my RX480 wouldn't have done this game justice. So I had to have something and I don't believe AMD is going to do much better in availability either. I didn't want to wait until 2021 to play this.

7. Santinico23

Santinico23 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 5
    1st and 3rd option are very similar

8. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Is it just me or the entire poll sounds like:

"I only buy nVidia but because they f*ed up the release I may be going with AMD this time"

How about the options:
    - Of course ! There was no question about it.
    - Yes, that was always the plan, only keeping nVidia option as a backup in case stuff goes terribly wrong with RX 6000 release.

9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Im playing Shadowlands untill 2021, no need for a fast gpu for that one haha

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Let me know when the Sapphire RX 6900XTX Nitro+ is available.

Maddness and OnnA like this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You know those always come late.

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    That's fine, since I am moving right now, and have the new expense of furnishing my own apartment. So I won't be buying anything immediately. Also, I've owned two Nitro cards, and <3. They always seem to be the top tier model.

13. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I'd like to, but I'm not sure I need to yet. Would like to get a 6900XT if that is what it ends up being called. I mean that is ONLY if the price is right. PC is running great.....not sure I need to.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Answers are loaded towards bias against purchase.

My answer is plain: YES.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Good performance (for me is 2xVega XTX) so 120-144FPS at 2K
    Good RT (not more than 30% Hit)
    Good price up to 699€
    and some fancy Tech as a cherry on top.

I will consider the insta-buy :p
    If not, then i will wait until True Ampere 7nm & RDNA2 refresh/AIBs.

HARDRESET likes this.

16. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Firestrike Ultra

Big Navi: 11500
    RTX 3080: 10600

— CapFrameX (@CapFrameX) October 22, 2020

Game Over ;)

HARDRESET, Maddness and itpro like this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Even the 3090 breaks 12000 by a little so thats impressive if true.

HARDRESET and itpro like this.
  19. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    I was set on a 3080 or 3090 just didn't happen , now if a 6900 XL-XT-XTX is available , that's how it rolls :D

itpro likes this.
  20. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    And we do not know yet if it is XT or XTX. :D

HARDRESET likes this.