Who races with a FF wheel here?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ROBSCIX, Sep 11, 2011.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I have tried the Logitech wheels but I prefer the Fanatec wheels more especially with those awesome clubsport pedals.

2. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    Got a G27 here :) Pretty engrossed in iRacing currently, before then rFactor, before then Race 07, before then GTR2, before then GTR :)

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I have been playing live for speed alot lately.

4. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    G27 Here as well.

Games
    GTR2
    Dirt 2
    Dirt 3 (If I get time)
    Shift 2
    F1 2010
    F1 2011 (Soon)

Used to play
    rFactor (various mods, usually F1 based)
    F1 Challenge 99-02

5. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Used to be a G25 for many years, but moved to a G27 due to the noisy clunky gear change of the G25 which was gradually getting worse and worse. Finding the G27 a better refinement on many levels and also enjoy the rev display led's utilised in Simbin stuff.

Play all the Simbin stuff and Richard Burns Rally primarily. Whilst graphically they might be showing their age, the handling and physics runs rings around the likes of the codies games - appalling DiRT 3 for example with its car gymnastics ;) . For me the core driving gameplay is more important and the ff feel of the simbin stuff is A1.

I'm all for arcade racers btw, just not a fan of those that try to be both.

6. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    I thought i'd mention netKar-Pro here for the wheel guys. Nobody has talked about it so far. New version just released. It's a great sim and very very cheap.

http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/

7. b101uk

b101uk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    My old MS FFB wheel has some of the buttons playing up, have had it apart a few times and came to the conclusion it’s wiring, but it has a bit of “play” now where it didn’t before, so i need to invest in a new FFB wheel and I like the look of the Fanatec ones.

8. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I've been using a Logitech g25 for a few years now, pedals require a bit o' TLC and a few DIY mods on the brakes but well worth the money.

-edited to add I'm an iracing junkie, this wheel probably gets about 20-30hrs / week and has never failed me yet.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  9. JmanEspresso

JmanEspresso Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX980 FTW
    For the pedals, I meant I bought the tuning kit, and added the nicer bushings, springs, foam inserts etc etc to the pedals. A small(and cheap, only $50) upgrade, but a nice compliment to such a wonderful set of pedals.

And yeah, the two wheels are near identical. I just wanted to have a second wheel in case something happened to one of them , Id have a spare.

10. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    G25 & Playseat

Nascar Racing 2003 Season

11. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    my g25 broke this afternoon :cry: , i was driving in GTL while downloading the netkar 1.3 demo to chek it out since i read its improved alot and has the best FF feeling and aparently phisics aswell. well when i finished with GTL the wheel felt like it had bit of resistance on desktop, i unpluged the usb and still it had that weird resistance. in the end after taking it apart i found the right motor to be bad, turning both motors by hand the right one has some resistance to turning. im not sure what the right motor is incharge of doing. the left one is the one with the sensor so im thinking of putting it back together without the right motor altho i think the motor still works its making the wheel very slow when calibrating.
    this is so unexpected and came right when i was gonna jump back in into simracing argggghhh,:biggun:

12. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    sold my G25 few years ago
    raced LFS, iRacing and with some rfactor engine
    too much work with wheel really, loses the feel of "gaming"