Who plays EvE Online?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Liranan, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I've been playing EvE for about a year now. First I played on Serenity (China EvE) for a year and have five characters there. My most beloved one has over 13m SP and is a beast with a super equiped Vindicator (I just had to get one after I saw Farjung in action). I now play on TQ and have a 16.5m SP character which is a total noob because most of the SP's are in Caldari ships and not Gallente, though I've stopped learning Caldari skills and am concentrating on Gallente only.

On Serenity I was in an alliance that controled Fade and Deklein and when I came to TQ I got scammed by a D2 member so I joined Vigilance Infinitas (vx). Vx are mainly ex-LV members who paid MC to find them a new home, MC then were very happy to terminate Razor in a single weekend and Vx took residence in Deklein. I miss Fade but I know Deklein well too so it's not a big problem. I'm very happy D2 disbanded because they all seemed like a bunch of fools to me and now we're at war with those Goons and MC are determined to rid EvE of them too.

I've played Knight Online (Bug Online), World of Warcraft (World of Grind) and a few other games and can say EvE is by far the most boring and the most rewarding of all. I will take up my once beloved mining again and clear whole belts again. On Serenity I used to mine 900k m3 crokite every other week, I was famous for mining 12-14 hours a day in the holidays. This, of course, so boring it's sometimes very hard to stay awake but I LOOOOVE it!!!!

LONG LIVE EVE!!! Long live war!!! :war:

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Wow that was a whole lot of wtf. I think you need to stop playing for a while.

3. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    You're totally right, I should stop but I'm not going to. I'm addicted to war!!! YEAH BABY!!

4. volcom

volcom Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX XXX 7900GTX @ 749/1927 VX2025VM
    erm.. 12-14 hours on holidays.. no life.

5. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Since my wife has heart disease and a liver condition I'm pretty house bound so I haven't got anything better to do with my life. Also in EvE you can use ingame money to buy timecards so you can actually play the game for free. But that's not why I mined so much, I played to get ships which I then lost in the war that ensued.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ok, but do you have a real job other than "Mining".

7. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Yes sir, I pretend to be a teacher in China because that's what teaching in China is.

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    EVE is a really fantastic game but my only problem with it is that CCP ( the devs ) always promise these new fancy features in their blogs and whatnot but nothing ever really gets added to the game. ive had my account for almost 3 years and ive been on and off the game and you know it hasnt changed one bit since the day i started playing apart from some new ships and modules. every content patch that is released only add's a few new ships and a whole host of optimizations and bug fixes wich cause more bugs and issues that will be fixed ( if lucky ) in the next content patch, not to mention the possible hot fixes that cause even more issues.

ever since i started playing, the whole station interaction where you can walk around at stations has been mentioned so often in different dev interviews and all they've managed so far is they've made a demo of it wich was showed on some games exhibition a while back.

9. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    And which game is any different my friend? CCP aren't as bad as some companies out there. EA are a pathetic excuse of a game maker and Blizzard aren't much better. As far as I can see it at least CCP don't charge for expansions, unlike 'other' companies.

10. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    oh dont get me wrong here, like i said i quite enjoy EVE and yes the general games industry doesnt really evolve in big steps apart from graphics, other then that its more or less the same mutant hunt fps games every year. however like i said, its been 3 years and very little has changed in EVE, CCP cant really charge anything from the expansion as like i said, they contain so very little new stuff and they are more content upgrades then expansions ( these content upgrades are free for WoW and most other MMO's too btw ;) ). as for other companies charging for expansions, well 35 euros aint that bad really and the added content is often well worth it.

oh and as for Blizzard being a pathetic excuse of a game maker... i'd like to point out that Blizzards games have sold a LOT ( just like EA's infact ) and blizzards games are loved by many players so they must be doing something right wouldnt you agree ? :)

11. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 oem 1792MB
    i play. even now.

been there over 2-y

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  12. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I've been podded about 10 times in the past two days. Big bad Razor hurting me :(.

13. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 oem 1792MB
    i have been skanning 1 damn signature for 2,5h already x(

14. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

The EVE client i downloaded was a pain in the butt.

said i didnt have newest version, then wrong code

ive tried that game 3 times cause i think i would enjoy it.

maybe ill download it tomorrow. DX10 version should be cool too.

15. CVND

CVND Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC Modded with NV5
    i have been playing eve since 2003
    i took a break when Galaxies Online came out and WOW but then i came back couse does games are more of the same
    i love this game, it just not the common game
    but it is true what they said about ccp

16. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I find it pretty boring tbh, I've played the trial twice. It just requires too much time.

17. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    Liranan more power to you. I'm glad you are enoying yourself. I too play the game, I have a 35mil sp, 12m, 10m, 6m character. And as much as these guys will bash you for doing your own thing - ignore them. There will always be people out there ready to bash whatever it is anyone does because their ideals aren't concurrent with yours.

Myself I'm limited to time due to fulltime work and 3 course load in summer, so its only during school and weekends that I'm able to make those long stretches. The game is very complex and you can any # of things you want to do, over and above all other games.

You can PVP (CS style), You can PVP Fleet (100's of ships) style, you can Camp, you can run trade routes, you can declare war on competing corporations and attemp to destroy their industrial backbones, you can mine, explore hidden space, you can hack or attemp to hack secrete complexes, you can run missions to your delight, you can be a researcher and work in the sciences, you can manage multiple stations in space etc... etc... etc..

Oh and you don't need to grind anything in this game, its all related to how you use your brain to work things out,

I play on TQ. Eve Fo Life.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007